• Welcome to the MK3OC Classifieds section:

Please take some time to read the rules found here: Rules and Guidance.

- If you are a trader, then please Contact Us.
    - Any other queries then you can get assistance in the HelpDesk.

Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Door looms

i got 2 door looms here mate if you still need them bud just pay pnp as im only goin to chuck them bud

there from a ph1 but thy have window and mirrors on them as i took them from a ph1

how diffrent are they mate as i'm putting elec mirrors on mine from a phs 2 i think

thats crazy mate how much difference there is between the two. i bet its even worse when you get the one in the middle of the change over where its not pH's1 or pH's2 but a bit of both

Yeah that's mine, bloody change over!

Drivers side:
The window and central locking plugs are different shapes, but you can chop the plugs of and swap them with a soldering iron as the colours are the same
The speaker and tweeter plugs are the same, window switch is the same

Passenger side:
Again central locking plug needs to be changed, speakers are the same, tweeter is the same, window is where it gets tricky... ph1 passenger side only has 2 wires, ph2 has 5/6!

thats mad mate so you got to make it up as you go along then are the window switchs the same on phs1 and 2 then fella

cheers ill have to check my looms if there wrong for mine i will let you know fella if your still after them mate

Phase 1 and Phase 2 door looms are different as the pins are in different places and the connectors for leccy windows are different
How does that effect a loom from a GSI as they are all effectivly phase 1 aren't they?

I'm not sure on the later 'special edition' gsi's as these were based on 2.0ltr sports with bits added, unsure if they came with leccy mirrors as standard.

C20XE and C18XE GSi's used phase 1 wiring as they were phase 1 cars, as they went out of production around 1994

Argh minge :( Whats the differance with the actual connectors then alex as in the ones that go from door to car so to speak?

Plugs aren't an issue but pins.......

I guess these can be pressed out and moved to the correct position though.

I guess we'll find out all in good time, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back