Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

electric cable

Best answers
Reaction score
could be in the wrong place if so feel free to move mods

anyway where can i buy cable for wiring in the car need about 5 diffrent colours

Either Maplins or a motor factors would be your best bet to try. Failing that would be to go to clueless people (halfords).

Sorry, but Cat 5 cable would not be suitable for anything other than maybe connecting things like leds. Cat 5 cable is very thin and easily fractured if handled in a rough manner, for example flexing it though 90 degrees. As already pointed out, it is Ethernet cable, it is also the same stuff as used in telephone lines. It is not designed to be used as power cable.

Right, so you wish to add the wiring for heated seats, You will need to use cable (and suitable crimps etc) rated in excess of 15amps. Do not use a lower amperage cable or crimps than this as you will run the risk of setting your wiring loom, or even your car on fire! :o

just go to the scrap yard and chop them out,, as said ,,,
what colours do you need and how long do you need them

any colours and was going to buy around 4meters of it and keep spare also does any one have a clue on what wires go what and where can i fit the calibra/cav switch tray i dont mind loosing the ashtray

any colours and was going to buy around 4meters of it and keep spare also does any one have a clue on what wires go what and where can i fit the calibra/cav switch tray i dont mind loosing the ashtray

If you're after heated seat swich location, there is a part for the application.

It fits in where there's a coin tray next to the hand brake.

Stu.

stu i have the clibra heated switch tray not the astra one was told it could fit where the ashtray is

stu i have the clibra heated switch tray not the astra one was told it could fit where the ashtray is

Not as far as I know... They are completely different and the ashtray in the Astra is much deeper and probably not the right width either.

The wiring should be about too if you have anything but a Merit Model.

The switches will pop out of the Calibra enclosure and you should be able to find a proper fitment for them.

Stu.

head down to an electrical wholesalers and ask for 5? core YY Cable, or even 5 core flex, that way you can keep them all neatly together, not sure on what size cores you would need for 15 amps over 12 volts though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back