Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Engine mounting points for 1.4 Astra fitting an XE

Joe

Reaction score
Just a quick question for anybody who has done a XE transplant on a Mk3 Astra. I have a 1.4 SPI 8v 1993 K reg Astra without Power steering, and I have just purchased an XE to fit. As its an everyday car I'm doing as much research as possible before I rip my engine out. I was just wondering if the engine mounts on mine will be in the same place as they are on the XE, the XE out of a H reg GTE. Any gen would be appreciated, and may be rewarded with alcahol. Cheers, Joe

Paul

B&
Reaction score
your need to use cally/cav mounts, the same ones that would of been attached to the engine. 1.4 engine mounts are for small block engines.

Id strongly advise you fit PAS, XE's are ok moving, but can be a little bit heavy standing still, can be a hassle parking etc.

Your also need to change your front legs on the car, id suggest GSI legs, the top mounts are the same and i believe the dampers for them are better than callys (more solid) Thats my suggestion anyways, might not be fact.

Make sure when you start you do a thread about it, alot of people here could help you every step if your doing all the work your self.

Paul

B&
Reaction score
Reece said:
all mounting points are identical

its a pretty straight forward swap tbh
lol yeah reece there in the same place, but the mounts will be a tad small on engine block side. If i remember righly, all are the same but one. OSF mount, gearbox mounts are the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)