Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Engine Swap

Best answers
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Was just wondering what the best engine i can get in my dads mk3 1.6 16v ecotec automatic (yep thats right automatic - sigh) hatchback is (x16xel currently), its just knackered the gear box is fine, but I cant find a decent engine the size im after already attatched to an auto box anyway, does it matter? can i take one from a manual?, im looking at 2 litre though id love to find a v6 that'd go.

Cheers

Mark

im pretty sure most engines will fit as long as you get the right mounts for it, someone with a bit more knowledge will correct me if im wrong though

any 2.0 out of an astra will fit, if you can find a whole car then you will have everything u need, if you want to go v6 then theres the cally v6 or the cav v6, i think a few people have used the one out of the vectra but it requires more work.. if you want to go the v6 route then talk to alex or scooby as they have both done a few :)

Thanks guys,

Id love to put a v6 in purely because most conversions are to a 2l red top and i just want to be a little difference - the aims to get my astra to be able to kick my fto's ass if i go the v6 route lol

anyways many thanks given me something to think about

Users who are viewing this thread

Back