Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

flame red 1.6 Duo

Best answers
Reaction score
right then, thought it was about time i started one of these bad boys!

a little history first. i've owned the car since november last year, but before that it was my brother's. he got it from my mum about 2 years before. she'd owned it for 3 or 4 years, and she got it from my grandad. he bought it new!

so yeh, i've got a rather good guarantee of history and work done to it! it spent the most of its life getting serviced at a VX main dealer, having all the proper parts fitted etc. once it was owned by my mum, general service and repair was done by my dad, and my brother did it all himself like i do (unless we were incapable, at which point the garage down the road got the work.)

the car is a P reg (96) red arctic duo, one of the special editions. it's almost completely standard, i've done a few very minor things to it, nothing too special though. it's got smoked side repeaters, a SS exhaust system with a small hole in it which makes it sound rather mean at around 3k revs :cool: and its got the rear grab handle lights, which are yet to be wired up!

i did have a ph1 spoiler on it, but i took it off as it looked rather out of place being the only exterior mod i had done! (this is for sale btw if anyone wants it)

i've got a few plans for it at the moment, money restricting, and nothing power wise really cos i'm 18 and insurance is a killer. planning on doing the suspension, this will get lowered a little, 40mm at a max though. possibly brakes as well, would be nice to have a bit more stopping power. also want to get some alloys on it, nothing too stupid again though. probably 15 or 16 inch, maybe standard sport, maybe something else. i quite like the multispoke look.

want to do some work to the engine in the future, give it a bit more oomph.

so yeh, thats my thread. i will get some pictures up this week once i've cleaned the car, as it looks an absolute state at the moment. got to get a T cut on it, as at the mo its flame pink! apart from the right wing which got changed a few years ago, thats my benchmark panel :)

humm pics would be nice :nod: altho it does sound good!!

yeh i know mate :) i'll get on it!

i went to the scrappy today, needed a bit of piping cos my rear wiper spray was doing sod all, quick investigation and it was split.

also did a bit of digging as last time i was there there was a nice sport that i wanted to rob bits off of!

disappointed to find some git had had the front seat, and only the 1! so would have been pointless. also wanted the electric window mech, and then realised that they were riveted in and i had no drill :( so yeh, scuppered again! there was however a brand new looking air filter on the back seat, so i nabbed it. gunna go fit it in a sec, mine hadn't been done for a good few years.

right then, got a few pics of the car now! it's raining, so it looks a lot more red than it actually is... very dirty too tho so yeh! was going to clean the inside but CBA to get the hoover out while it's raining.

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

so yeh, that's about it now ladies and gents.

oh and btw, i've just got new window wipers :) nothing special really, those aero ones tho cos they looked quite cool.

Last edited:
Thats a nice base car :D I can't seem to find a red one anywhere! Bah! Lucky flemface :doh: Gl with it mate

Nice car mate, good polish and it'll look even smarter! :cool:

A few hours with a bottle of T-Cut, followed by a decent quality polish and it'll be a real dazzler. Mine was getting very pink in places before I treated it to a T-Cut. Amazing the difference it made.:smile1:

yeh i plan to now do it one evening this week, really want to get it sparkling as it's looking so bad at the moment. last time i polished it, i spent nearly 6 hours out there in total! and i didn't use any t-cut so it faded fairly quickly again.

right then guys!! i've cleaned the inside, spent almost 2 hours on this.

started doing the dash with back to black stuff, went a little nuts and ended up doing almost every bit of black plastic in the whole car!! decided not to do the steering wheel or gear stick etc, for safety reasons :)

i did a lottt of hoovering, cleaned the mats, even did the front seats with some upholstery cleaner!

piccy's

DSC00184.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00181-1.jpg

so yeh, looks pretty good now!!

got tuesday evening planned for the outside of the car now too, weather permitting, so should look good :)

looking good mate, just like andy said looks like how mine started out.
but what the differnce between a normal duo and a artic duo? or am i being dense?
cheers
will

I don't think this is the arctic as it doesn't have the aircon like matts does which is an arctic although I might be completely wrong!!

Anyway, car looks really smart inside now mate, at least you have matching seats unlike Andy_Mk3 :P

oh ok i thought it was an arctic, could well be wrong tho i will check my logs

yeh plannin on gettin sum alloys soon i reckon, should be nice :) might just go for stock sport alloys

right then guys, bit of an update!!

got me some alloys now, courtesy of Ben Chiles.

got a new tyre on one of them (well, part worn, cos i'm cheap :rolleyes: ) as it had a bald strip lol

01082009020.jpg

01082009021.jpg

01082009022.jpg

also, in those pics, if anyone can spot the balls-up that i made last week and have now fixed, you get browny points :)

just a good t cut and polish should come up sweet mate mine was that pink colour when i got mine but its red again but will need doin again soon as the weather has been **** so its turning again

yeh, it was on the cards for today, but as you can see from the pics its not a particularly nice day :( i want to do it, but it keeps raining every so often.

might chance it in a bit and go out and do it. need to take it to the car wash first, too lazy to wash it AND polish it :)

lol i had mine planned 4 the last 2 weeks but it rains every time i get the stuff out does my head in lol

plus, i've now sat down and put the telly on, and i feel i may be stuck here for the day now... lol

lol well there aint much on so im off to lock up in a mo to do a few bits (like put my splitter back on as i ripped it off yesterday f**king speed bumps) so that should keep me busy 4 the day

fair enough :)

a lockup would be so nice, i reckon i would get a lot more done to the car then, but i defo can't afford it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back