Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

getting speedo to work on astra gsi mk3

Best answers
Reaction score
hi all at mk3oc i have a mk3 astra gsi with a c25xe v6 lump in her im wanting to wire my speedo up as its got the electronic clocks in and my speedo int working it has the f25 box on witch is electric i know you have to run a wire from the clocks in side your car to the abs system but what wire is it on the back ov the clocks an what wire is it in the engine bay on the abs ecu

dose any body else no what wires they are to connecv wire from the abs unit from there to back ov the clocks to make the speedo work on v6 clocks

Any of the 4 blue wires that go from ABS ECU to TC ECU.

pins 7, 17, 19 or 22 at ABS ECU
pins 7, 8, 24, 25 at TC ECU
the 94> GSIs use pin 17 at ABS 25 at TC which is NSF wheel speed.

i got told off some one on here carnt rember who it was but they said pin 19 ov the abs ecu then lead the wire from there to a wirew off the back ov the clocks but carnt remember which wire it was an what couler wire it was

cheers ill connect it up to moz just need to put the other end ov the wire into pin 19 on abs unit under bonnet lol as im gunna run it off my abs sensors cheers again pal

wen i got mine with v6 in the guy ant wired speedo up and its full ov speed cams where i live in leeds mk3mad its stupid lol cheers again tho much great full with the help im getting off here ill soon be starting a mk3 diary thread on here

Cavalier V6 uses pin 19 at ABS, Astra GSI uses pin 17.

Doesn't matter which, I think both are front wheels.

It's probably more useful on a rear wheel actually, as you get a real speed indication while wheel spinning.

hi all at mk3oc i have a mk3 astra gsi with a c25xe v6 lump in her im wanting to wire my speedo up as its got the electronic clocks in and my speedo int working it has the f25 box on witch is electric i know you have to run a wire from the clocks in side your car to the abs system but what wire is it on the back ov the clocks an what wire is it in the engine bay on the abs ecu

I looked at an Astra that had the same problem needed the 160mph clocks for the f28 to work and the rev counter out a 6pot

I'm useing the 6pot clocks out ov a calibra v6 same car as what the engine came out ov and put new abs sensors on and running f25 box it has Oready been wired up behind the clocks not sure if its working yet other wise it will be f28 route or f20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back