Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Getting the MFD to work with V6?

Ian

Best answers
Reaction score
ok whats needed to get everything working on the MFD with a V6? The engine will be a C25XE and the astra is an LS so both the engine and MFD will be new additions. Mainly i want the range feature to work correctly, not sure if this is possible though?

It'll need re-pgroaming for the V6 via tech 2, there is no off the shelf program for it though.

Ian T from MIG/VXON was working on one but I'm unsure how far he got with it, I shall be asking him at the spares day

Say you got it re-programmed and then disconnect the battery at some point will it all be gone and need re-doing?

i fitted a gsi mfd and stalk to mine with a c25xe and i havent had to reprogramme mine, but ive used the full dash loom including the engine bay loom for the bottles, and oil level etc, mfd and stalk from same car, only think that does lie to me is the range, but thats nowt

i fitted a gsi mfd and stalk to mine with a c25xe and i havent had to reprogramme mine, but ive used the full dash loom including the engine bay loom for the bottles, and oil level etc, mfd and stalk from same car, only think that does lie to me is the range, but thats nowt

The range is what i wanted the most :laugh::laugh::doh:

The range is what i wanted the most :laugh::laugh::doh:

when the fuel light comes on the range reads 35miles, but its ran out of fuel when it gets to 20-25miles left, i have to keep resetting it now and then on the stalk, but now when the lights on i fill up,

on my old v6 GSi the range and MPG were ****ed ! you booted it and it used to go into minus figures lol,

i havent seen a minus figure yet, when i boot it i see 4mpg lol which is about rite as my mates v6 vectra did the same

surely 4mpg is wrong :lol:

Whats the size of an astra tank? 45 litres? that would mean a full tank would only last 36 miles :lol:?!

ive had mine full to the brim up the neck and the range reads about 400 miles to a tank and mines a 50 litre,

and 4mpg when booted in 1st, 2nd to the red line its true, i can see the fuel gauge going down lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back