Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Grills

I imagine they will but as with any other grille, you'll need to buy a set of phase 1 headlights

Ah of course! Didn't think about the headlights. So the grill should just clip in place.

I guess I could've just asked a friend with a phase 1 and seen if theirs fitted. Rather than clogging up these forums......

I'm looking at getting some angel eyes and they have either phase 1 or 2. On one site it didn't have a different item it just said:

"VAUXHALL Astra F Mk3 (From 1991 to 1994 & 1994 to Feb 1998) Head Lamps - Black Angel Eyes

(Please let us know the year of your Astra when you buy as there was a slight wiring change in 1994 and we will need to ensure you get the correct wiring for the year of your car)"

So what do I go for... sounds like it's just the wiring...

that sounds like the same place i got my angle eyes from. told them i have a PH1 and the lights i got back fit like a glove.

not sure if there was a wireing change between PH1 and PH2 lights but they are def shaped slightly differently on the inside edge that meets the grill so if you want a PH1 grill you'll need PH1 lights and vice versa. :thumb:

the only grill that will go across both is the reiger grill which overlaps the lights slightly so you dont see the gap ;)

hope that helps

if youre using a phase 1 grille then you just need to order phase 1 lights, or from the sounds of that site, the ones from 1991-1994. i bought some gsi headlights for my phase 2 and i was told they are a straight swap. fitting them with my gsi grille this saturday so will find out...

just for bit more of a help few pics of the difference between PH1 lights and PH2 (nicked from laurence24's thread ;))

[edit]PH2
Photo-2055.jpg

[edit]PH1
Photo-2060.jpg

Last edited:
ok my bad :hang:

but you get the idea ;)

sorry but i cant see the slightest bit of difference

oh yh i was way off of the mark with why i thought the lights didnt fit then lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back