Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Grills

Best answers
Reaction score
I need to get another grill for my car but as it's a facelift version I would rather have something other than the standard one with the chrome bit in it.
Looking at what Vauxhall do I was thinking about the facelift spec Opel grill. It doesn't have the chrome but has an Opel badge in the middle.
Am I right in saying that the only difference between early and late cars is the shape of the headlamps ?
Thinking about this what did Vauxhall do with the later GSI models did thay just use the phase one headlamps as there isn't a late spec GSI grill.

Had a look at a few de-badged grills on ebay and the one I like the look of has some pretty bad feedback for the seller.

if you wanting a opel PH2 grill look on german ebay, ther's a few rear grill's about smentiz one's are hard to get but nice! the PH1 and lights are more square then the PH2 one's

if you wanting a opel PH2 grill look on german ebay, ther's a few rear grill's about smentiz one's are hard to get but nice! the PH1 and lights are more square then the PH2 one's

Hard, theyre rare as rocking horse poo!! however I would give my left ******* for one of those as theyre brill!! (rarer the better :D)

I thought that the lights were different. I'd rather have a phase 1 grill to be honest.
Am I right about the GSI grills being the same on all cars ?

gsi, as far as i know one has waher jets and one dont, not 100% on the light's

Thanks.
I am going to investigate what aftermarket ones are around. Vauxhall want about £60 for just the cover for the chrome tyope grill. Might get lucky and spot one at a scrappy that isn't broken first though.

witch one you want then??

Yeaaah mate, phase 2 gsi's had phase 1 lights and grille on them. So if your thinking of getting a phase 1 grille then it's best off to change the lights otherwise it leaves a gap between the grille and light units.

Phase 2 opel grilles are nice, justg has one on his mk3. A nice touch as you don't see many around.

The one on ebay I spotted is like a phase 2 opel one but withut the badge. There are some mesh ones but they don't state if they are for early or late cars.
I have just been out making all the loghts fit properly where the front was damaged and the grill isn't a very nice fit anyway, plus the clips are easily broken.
I am starting to think it might be worth making trying to make something.
I can feel some fibreglass moulding coming on !

Hi, thanks but it's about £80 more than I have to spend at the moment !
There is one on ebay if anyone else wants one.

Underwoods Vaux in Tiptree, Essex have priced an opel grill and badge at £46 + VAT, might be worth a call.

Stu.

That isn't as bad as I thought, and you can still get them.
I don't think my idea of making one will happen, it's just too cold outside at the moment and I really need to get it all put back together.

Thanks for the advice.

Think the Opel ones are similar to the facelift Vauxhall ones with black slats, but no chrome and obviously an Opel badge on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back