Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

GSI Fog lights (front)

Best answers
Reaction score
:blink: my passenger side fog light keeps filling up with water and now its a yellowy brown colour(still works though).
i would like to replace it and have been browsing on ebay but i cant seem to find the right one.
are they the same on all mk3's or is the design specific to the gsi.
i found some for a mk3 astra ones but they looked a little small and a diff shape.
thought about blanking them out and fitting some diff ones but i'de rather keep the front plain and standardish.
any help would be much appreciated.

gsi fogs are diff to other mk3 fogs that wer fitted to the sport and a few older higher spec models
iv found they rarely come up on ebay and when they do they go for not far off vaux's price so you may as well buy brand new
iirc they are £55 a side from vaux

finding cheap second hand ones (good ones) would be a task id agree

Thanks for the advice :D
i'll get one from vaux and hope they look ok, i'm thinking it might look a bit odd with one spanking new one but at £55 each i'm hoping it wont. lmao

Do you think it might be worth having a go at stripping it down and cleaning it? :unsure:
i havnt had a good look so i dnt know how easy a job this would be? obviousley the light is a sealed unit but if its full of water then the seal is broken. :thumbdown
i might have a go at cleaning it up cos like i said earlier the lamp still works and then seal it back up.
Also the price of a new one(£55) may rise to £110 if i hav to buy a pair. :dry:

I picked one up pn ebay for about £27 inc p&p, had to wait about 8-9 months for it mind! But at the end of the day, it wasnt causing any harm with a bit of water in the foglight so I could afford to wait.

hi all
my first post
just bought my first astra gsi and its sh*t hot
anyway my passenger side was doing the same and the only place i could find one of these after a week of trying was vauxhalls
so i removed it and it is a sealed unit but if you feel brave and want a cheap fix like i did you can cut the unit in half
if you do youll probably find that its rusted away and as huw says (mine was ) reflective material will be rotted away
for a quick bodge i got a mate to solder some new wire in and i sprayed chrome paint on where it had rotted then araldited it back together
it works and looks identical and has just passed its mot
hope this helps if you can be ****d mate

Sounds like a plan to me Ben. :thumbup: thanks for the Tip too Sim2 :w00t: i would have done exactley the same thing. :wacko:
Thanks for the replies i'm gonna have a bash at it at some point this week so i'll keep you posted. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back