Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

gsi strut brace problem

Best answers
Reaction score
i have a mk3 gsi 1992 and i've recently purchased a omp strut brace for it however the strut brace is 1 inch too long, i had a guy come look today and he thinks maybe the strut brace is wrong as it's too far for the struts to be out usually it a couple of mm. could anyone please measure the distance between their struts and let me know the distance so i can compare it to mine, thinking i might have to get a new shell

errr very unlikely your struts are wrong as that just isn't possible, does it look like this?

26022010022.jpg

thanks, i have a mk3 astra van 1995 and my strut brace is too big for that too so i'l measure mine and hope it is the brace thats too long

just ordered another brace from rally design i hope this one fits

Where did u get the brace from mate was it ebay?

no i originally got from demon tweeks last year, not sure what it's for

I'm wondering if its for a GTE? - other countrys refer to the GSI as a Opel GTE for example?

i had to bore the holes on my omp strut brace..must just the way they come from manufactuers surely..

I bought one for my brothers xe and found that it was too small as above... was bought off e-bay from a Germany comp so thought about the GTE being smaller? Does anybody know if this is the case?

Had my brothers ali-welded so fitted the GTE brace in the end but looked a mess to be honest

I'm wondering if its for a GTE? - other countrys refer to the GSI as a Opel GTE for example?

Ive got one on my mk3 gsi that came off a mk2 gte

Users who are viewing this thread

Back