Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

GSi V6

MK3MAD

B&
Best answers
Reaction score
I thought id just make a little thread on my mate astra GSi, He brought it for £225 with a long mot but wiv no engine or box, I've got to fit new brake pipes on the front as they were chopped, then fit a 2.5 V6 running the F25 box, heres some pics of the car.

Photo023-2.jpg

Photo024-2.jpg

Photo021-2.jpg

Photo022-2.jpg

Photo025-2.jpg

Photo026-2.jpg

Will update as i get progress on it,

great gsi for you to build up like your's there mate

nice little buy that be good when it,s done

Looks promising, gonna look at this :) Nice buy

Well started it about Half one yesterday afternoon and my god had some problems, first of all we couldn't fined all the bits for the V6 so i got on wiv making and the new brake pipes
Photo005-7.jpg

Photo002-6.jpg

I thought that the Pot type XE flywheel would fit the xe preasure plate and F25 clutch plate, so whacked it all together and it didn't (GGGGGRRRRRR), So had to strip the box off again and fit the real heavy V6 flywheel,
and yet again found another thing to set me back, i noticed that someone or somehow the thermostat extension pipe to the rad pipe had been snapped off, so had to strip alll the inlet manifold and devider plate off again to fit the housing, what a tight squeeze,

Photo004-7.jpg

After awhile i finaly got the v6 ready to drop in,,

Photo007-7.jpg

Photo006-7.jpg

Photo008-7.jpg

Photo009-7.jpg

Photo010-5.jpg

This picture made me think it wasn't gonna go lol even now i know it would...

Photo011-5.jpg

Photo012-5.jpg

And now all bolted in....

Photo013-5.jpg

Photo014-5.jpg

Photo015-6.jpg

And now pretty much done...

Photo019-3.jpg

Photo018-4.jpg

nice rare top cover on that, opel badge, and i dont think the strut brace will fit, ive got a tow eye cover if he needs one

Well done mate another fantastic job you've done there fella

nice rare top cover on that, opel badge, and i dont think the strut brace will fit, ive got a tow eye cover if he needs one

i paid £16 for it mate from France, Na the strut brace is just sitting on there as he wants it of me but i aint selling it, how much you want for the cover?

Looking good :) How long did it take you?

Thanks mate, Well it took about 8 hours but it would of been done in a lot quicker time if everything went to plan but nothing ever does

Well done mate another fantastic job you've done there fella

Thanks Loffty, it wont be the last one either

so you Just got a few elec gremlins to sort out now then mate should have it up and running soon then fella

Users who are viewing this thread

Back