Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Have i bought the cheapest RS6 in the country?!

I'm pleased to announce I have now done 4000 miles in daily use.... and nothings broken!

Its been a great family car, it's been camping twice

Been to Legoland

And had a trip down to Brighton aswel.

And required nothing more than lots of fuel and lots of washes

Just running around and commuting it's still only doing 15-16mpg, but touring up and down the country on the holidays it was just getting 24mpg

As it's been so good and asked for nothing I got it into work and started tidying the bodywork up, I'll upload all the pics tomorrow :)

I got the RS6 into work to attend to some bad paintwork that had been bugging me down the drivers side

There was flakey paint down the drivers side where it hadn't been prepped properly and none of the moldings or trims had been removed

So stripped it all down, properly, removing handles, mouldings, trims, roof rails etc

And did a couple of repairs that were Rippley

Stripped the rear bumper down, I had never noticed before but my rear vents were actually colour coded, they'd been painted on the car

Ready for primer

All primed and prepped

Daytona Pearl

Gun finish!

Painted the grilles gloss black before they went back in

We have the whole car a machine polish up to match the new paintwork

And fitted it all back up

Wheels off to refit the splash guards

Gave them a clean while they were off

And all finished :)

It doesn't look alot difference in pictures, but in real life it was so bad before, and it's better than new now :) :)

If I ever had to have paint done again I'd seriously consider bringing it to you as I have such bad luck with bodyshops lol.

Great work

All has been good in RS6 ownership :)

No major problems, with the MOT due I decided to sort a few niggles, it had a cracked windscreen when I bought the car, side to side, but it was below the wipers in the black so it never really noticed.

Got a friend that has his own windscreen business and he sourced me a screen, the V8s have a different size screen to a normal A6 (of course) so big up Gold Winscreens for that!

Next I had a bit of a low speed knock on bumpy roads which turned out to be front top mount, so put a pair of Lemforder top mounts on

While it was up I thought I'd loosen off at the adjustable rear suspension bolts ready to get a wheel alignment..... snap *******!

I had the same problem on my S6 too. So I knew what I needed and a reasonable order at TPS

And cut the old ones out

The rear top mounts were toast too

And all back together

Then had it all set up with a 4 wheel alignment.

Then a good wash

And an MOT pass :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back