Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Heeeeellllllllllooooooooo!

Best answers
Reaction score
Anybody out there. No! it seem's i'm the only one here. Oh well. 'This town becoming like a ghost town' :wacko:. Damn it a club for MK3's and no one but little old me is using it. Only joking, early days I suppose!

AL said:
It is early days indeed - but has definitely been picking up the last few weeks!

Why not add your data to the leaderboards?

Leaderboards? What do you mean? If you mind me asking.

Last edited:
AL said:
Seems to have over the last few days - VBOA here we come? lol

i know its early days yet, but do you think this site will have a stand at billing next year? bloody long way off yet, but i wondered if anyone was planning ahead for it

before can have a stand at billing the club needs to be a member of the VBOA (vauxhall, bedford and opel association)

im not sure how we could become part of the VBOA but im sure if we could get enough people who would DEFINITELY show with us then im sure admin would look into it.

I for one would deffo show with mk3oc as apposed to MIG.

Reece said:

Migs down the shitter Reece, we both know the only place it can go now is down.

Murray2005 said:
If you don't mind me asking why's MIG going down the shitter?

The general arguing between most people, basic playground **** really. "my cav is better than your calibra" "cavs are shite" "stfu u ****" then a mod comes in and locks it.

the fact anytime you question anyone or ask for evidence of claims you get told to f off and given abuse, Most of the admins dont care anymore. I havent said this but lots of older members have and its worrying.

The technical help is still unbeatable, but the sense of community and welcoming (unless your a female with pics) has just buggered off.

Reece said:
before can have a stand at billing the club needs to be a member of the VBOA (vauxhall, bedford and opel association)

im not sure how we could become part of the VBOA but im sure if we could get enough people who would DEFINITELY show with us then im sure admin would look into it.

dito! i'd prefer to be on the this site's stand too. even if it was a small pitch - like the mk2 cavalier stand. its can't be that hard to join VBOA.

ive found details on how to join the vboa so its in admins hands should they choose to proceed with it

Reece said:
ive found details on how to join the vboa so its in admins hands should they choose to proceed with it

I've been organising the Astra-mk2.com membership to the VBOA.

Here's where we're at.....

I’ve been speaking to Andy K from mk2cav about VBOA membership and what we need to do about joining. To cut a very long phone conversation short, we need to demonstrate we’re more then a website, that we have enough active members that participate in the club 'off-web', and that we are enthusiasts of our chosen vehicle.

There are a number for hoops we need to jump though (a trip to Luton) before they will even consider looking at us. We’d need event insurance (cover for at least £1m minimum). We have to be committed to going to their bi-monthly meetings (these increase nearer Billing time) and make input on how the association runs. We’d have access Billing and the parts day they run, a huge Vauxhall support network (Vauxhall support the VBOA 100%), trade discounts and other little bits.

Andy said that the VBOA is a bit of an old mans club that needs dragging into the 21st century and feels that more clubs like ourselves would be able to do this, “as the old boys die off!� To join in the old days, you would have needed to do a presentation to the board of directors!!!

The problems he said I’ll encounter, is lack of support and interest from our end. How many people would really be committed to doing what the VBOA want? He’s found, as with a number of other clubs, only a few people are really committed, and often when these people move on, he’s left doing everything.

Seems a lot of effort for 1 weekend of show and shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back