Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Help Broken rear suspension!!???

Reaction score
Hey, i was driving home last night and there was a knocking noise.
i stopped and noticed my rear nearside shockabsorber has come away from the beam!

i guess it just bolts onto the beam so im missing the bolt and rubber grommets. when it was snowing here a few months ago i was doing handbrake turns and that wheel hit a kerb so i guess thats the cause.
Whoops silly boy!

is it a hard job to bolt it back on? whats involved?
And would anyone have one of the bolts that they can post to me or i can collect from london/essex? il pay what its worth!
im supposed to be driving to near brighton late tonight to see my missus and if it doesnt get fixed i cant go ;-(

any help would be great!!!

Martin

My van is a 1998 R reg

Reaction score
Hi, instead ov new m8 your local scrap yard should av 1 say a tena if tht piece ov pxxx to fit

Reaction score
Looks to me like there is some metalwork missing from the rear beam, seeing as the nut and rubber is still in place. Might need a plate welded in to restore the fixing point

Reaction score
i had a pair of kyb gas shocks on my estate and sold the to someone who has a van , he is now doing a rear wheel drive conversion so they are for sale @ £15 on mig web , they havent seen that much action couple of thousand miles tops !! let me know if you want his contact details m8

Reaction score
all sorted!! Thanks for your help!!! thanks jezzasin, i bought two new shocks for £30 they turned up earlier.
all the scrap yards wanted atleast £15. thanks again people!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread