Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Hi Guys. Anyone help?

Best answers
Reaction score
Just brought an 08 Mk3, We have a few minor things to sort but one is giving us a problem. Tailgate washer, pump runs but nothin comes out on tailgate, no damp patches that we can find. Is there some sort of valve somewhere that diverts the flow from screen to tailgate? It appears to be the same pump that does both.
Any help, advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Just brought an 08 Mk3, We have a few minor things to sort but one is giving us a problem. Tailgate washer, pump runs but nothin comes out on tailgate, no damp patches that we can find. Is there some sort of valve somewhere that diverts the flow from screen to tailgate? It appears to be the same pump that does both.
Any help, advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello mate,

what do you mean by an 08 mk3?

Hello mate,

what do you mean by an 08 mk3?
SORRY, were new to the marque, my last Vauxhall was a Viva back in 1967 to take my driving test.. Now not sure what the correct notation should be, obviously way beyond Mk3. Its 2008, hopefuly you can identify it for us and come up with a solution for the problem.

SORRY, were new to the marque, my last Vauxhall was a Viva back in 1967 to take my driving test.. Now not sure what the correct notation should be, obviously way beyond Mk3. Its 2008, hopefuly you can identify it for us and come up with a solution for the problem.

That will be a Mk5 mate!

The pump spins 1 way for the front and opposite for the rear, my dad had a mk5 and it was forever getting a blocked washer nozzle on the rear, you'll have to take it apart and try and clean it out with a small piece of wire or something similar

Oh that's strange then, the ones I've seen are like this

I don't see why they would have 2 pumps as there is only 1 reservoir for washer fluid

Just had a look on the parts catalogue and there are 2 types, a single outlet and twin outlet (assume single is for the twin top model as they have no rear washer) maybe someone has fitted the wrong pump in the past and there is a hose dangling somewhere unconnected?

Thanks Todd, anything is possible with an older car, you never know what the previous owner might have done.
We'll have a closer look at the weekend.
D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back