Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

I broke the 100mph barrier tonight!

Best answers
Reaction score
yep, my 12 year old athsmatic car broke 100 tonight.

was coming along from the odeon in dunfermline along the dual carridgeway to home (madhaggis will know the road) some plonker in a yaris was creeping at 50 on the inside lane. dropped to 4th and slowly trundled too 75mph hitting 4krpm :O

there was a slight down hill here and the wheel judder really kicked in, after 90 though it went?!? coming along past a silver omega at 102ish and then shat out when i seen him speed up. thought he was an undercover.

all in all i am happy that a car only a bit younger than me still has a bit puff left in it yet.

Yeah i know 100mph aint gonna break any records but for this thing im happy it can do that :) so how has your weekend been

lewism said:
yep, my 12 year old athsmatic car broke 100 tonight.

was coming along from the odeon in dunfermline along the dual carridgeway to home (madhaggis will know the road) some plonker in a yaris was creeping at 50 on the inside lane. dropped to 4th and slowly trundled too 75mph hitting 4krpm :O

there was a slight down hill here and the wheel judder really kicked in, after 90 though it went?!? coming along past a silver omega at 102ish and then shat out when i seen him speed up. thought he was an undercover.

all in all i am happy that a car only a bit younger than me still has a bit puff left in it yet.

Yeah i know 100mph aint gonna break any records but for this thing im happy it can do that :) so how has your weekend been

1.4SPI is it ?
I've had mine to 115 before... and it seemed to have a bit more in it....
To be fair, though meagre compared to some, that wee engine has a fair bit of poke for it's size, if you keep it in optimum condition.

As for the wheel judder, it's strange. I always used to have one at about 60, but that went away after I got new alloys and had them balanced.
I do however, still have one that appears about 75-80. Then after 85-90ish it vanishes again ! wtf ? :)

especially when it has that boat to pull around the engine is pretty nippy, i think an induction kit and a good service will give it a bit more kick.

im getting alloys for my bday, so well see what happens then.

the wheel judder is just blodoy weird though.

I've had over 100mph on my private test A19 track twice. It takes aaaages to get there though and it drinks the petrol a hell of a lot but at the end of the day it's only a C14NZ in a car that weighs as much as a tank! :D

AL said:
It only does 4000rpm for me at that speed...should hear it at 110 - trying to keep up with the wheels! pmsl

lol! bullet proof engines, but it means nothing if your getting smoked by the corsa brigade! i used so much fuel with that engine, as you have to floor it everywhere to look like your actually moving!

AstraBen said:
lol! bullet proof engines, but it means nothing if your getting smoked by the corsa brigade! i used so much fuel with that engine, as you have to floor it everywhere to look like your actually moving!

Ah, that explains my crap consumption then! lmao

Have managed 260 miles on a tank - most of which was motorway based :|

lol i had a 1.4 back in the day

spent £40 on splitfire twin electrode plugs for it ahahahaha

102?! Man ... My top is 110. Need to find a big enough hill to top it lmao lol

I can just hit 90 in fourth ... you can exceed 75 easy!

We should have a competition ... who has the most powerful C14NZ.

Oooh, and my record fuel consumption for one tank is 360!!!! Mostly motorway too ....

EasyRob said:
102?! Man ... My top is 110. Need to find a big enough hill to top it lmao lol

I can just hit 90 in fourth ... you can exceed 75 easy!

We should have a competition ... who has the most powerful C14NZ.

lol, when i have new suspension, bigger breaks and bigger balls im gonna go at it again. red line every gear and see what i can get.

i also dunno how you lot get such crappy milage, i was getting 400 miles to a tank with mixed motorway and mostly city.

with everyday driving, I tend to get 280 miles to a tank.

EasyRob said:
Oooh, and my record fuel consumption for one tank is 360!!!! Mostly motorway too ....

I just filled mine to the brim tonight, must reset the mile counter and see how much it gets.

TBH though, I rarely let it drop below half full, let alone to the red...

I know what you mean about having to floor it everywhere to compete with most other cars :)

To be fair, the wee engine does seem happy enough to be thrashed though...
C14NZ - the dirty slut of engines lmao

i think i could empty a whole tank in a few hours driving like a nutter. For some reason mine drinks fuel but still shows a lean plug lol ah well, engine only live once.

I've never pushed mine to see the max it'll do... last time I had it past 100 was at 5am on a sunday morning after dropping some friends off at the airport. Nice big long country road with huge hills and fdips, tis good for it :)

No way I'll do it till I change the front shocks though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back