• 2019 Official MK3OC Calendars now available to pre-order in the club shop!

**LIMITED STOCK REMAINING - ORDER NOW TO AVOID MISSING OUT!**

Click here to buy now.

I hate the plod!

Reaction score
Just been stopped and pulled for my rear numberplate,
yea the font is incorrect ect i know that but the copper was an absoulte arse he started saying that its a terrists trick as camras around london cannont pick up the car's reg up I LIVE IN THE NORTH EAST AND NEVER GO TO LONDON and then said that the DVLA who own the plate can remove my number plate with it been miss used i then said so dvla can remove my plate and unlicance my car as its not a private plate!, he procided to give me a £60 fine, and advised i should change both my plates he took a photo off the front and rear off the car, in which i replyed the front plate is 100% correct i bought it from motorfactors and there is nothing wrong with it, its just the rear one that is illigal,

Front plate 100& legal

Rear plate not so legal

my beef is that little jumped up hitler off a copper recons i need two new plates !

Reaction score
lol you not the only one mate a calibra had number plate the size of a letterbox today and a copper was right behind him.

Best just to say yes sir no sir three bags full sir

Last edited:

reno

West Mids Regional Co-Ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
end of the day, you need to replace the rear plate. he could be refering to the front if it isnt stamped with the correct details but im sure this only applys to newer cars

Reaction score
pay the fine replace rear get mot station to stamp producer job done. forget about it and prepare for the karts

Reaction score
well if its £30 per number plate i would contest it but if its a standard fine pay it. You are half in the wrong lol. You win some you lose some. Example 25 free laps you jammy git

rickisgrate

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
iirc youve had that dodgy plate on for a while so you mustve known at some point youd be stopped. Its like driving around knowing youre not legal then complaining, end of the day youre in the wrong, if the copper decides to have a look around your car then why worry if youve nothing to hide

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
you will get a letter from the DVLA in the next month or 2 saying if your caught again they can revoke the cars reg number

Reaction score
how can they revoke his reg number if its a regular number? think it only applies to prvate ones. although the rear is obviously the wrong one, its not exactly hard to read is it? i've seen some fonts before that are just illegible. i'd make an official complaint about him accusing you of being a terrorist tho :nod::lol: did you get his collar number?

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
how can they revoke his reg number if its a regular number? think it only applies to prvate ones. although the rear is obviously the wrong one, its not exactly hard to read is it? i've seen some fonts before that are just illegible. i'd make an official complaint about him accusing you of being a terrorist tho :nod::lol: did you get his collar number?
nope the reg identify the car on the dvla database and they own it, if you commit road traffic offences with reg plates they have the right to remove the reg and issue you a Q plate.

i know as its happened to me with a previous car for the same thing.

Reaction score
first of all i knew i would get pulled about the plate but ive been pulled for a light out before and that too was a local traffic cop and never got a mention about the plate, soo i knew iwas in the wrong, just been lazy and not getting another plate made up

but this copper seams to fink i need two plates, there is nothing illegal about my front plate

im pritty sure dvla cannont revoke the plate ither as it isent a private plate,

i tryed the yes officer no officer let me suck you off approach at first ect that dident work relised that i was gerring hit with a £60 fine soo i did get a bit lippy with him basicaly said there terise nice car's and mainly hit on "boy racers!" sterio typein and that if that plate was on a 50k merc there wouldnt off botherd.

collar number 0306

£60 in the post on the way to cleveland police i hope there enjoy spending it on dounuts or what not

MY RANT IS NOW OVER

Last edited:

djwilde69

North East Co-Ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
on thr frunt you should have a white cap on the screw, i got 60 quid fine as i need'd yellow on the back and white on the frunt his excuse was the "number plate reader couldnt read it" i look'd at his car not a TC one so it was his bad eye sight because i sed i didnt know normal car's has anpr thingy's

Reaction score
on thr frunt you should have a white cap on the screw, i got 60 quid fine as i need'd yellow on the back and white on the frunt his excuse was the "number plate reader couldnt read it" i look'd at his car not a TC one so it was his bad eye sight because i sed i didnt know normal car's has anpr thingy's
you can see it needs a white cap on the screw?:o

Jesus i need glasses!:Cry:

astranaut

North West & North Wales Regional Co-ordinator
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
He prob only mentioned the front to justify whacking a £60 fine on, bit harsh for one plate so looked for something else to do you on. Some are complete a-holes, try the "oh hello officer, something wrong?" approach first, if there still *******s with you and try to get you on something stupid, give them a bit back. If they continue, ask them for there collar number, name and superior officer. I've had a few like this, got stopped once because my no plate light was "emmitting too much light"?!?! had a normal bulb in it, anyway he wrote that on a caution ticket not a fine when i threatened to report him for harrasment, as it was the 4th time he had stopped me. funnily enough haven't been stopped since.

Reaction score
i did the nice approce 1st is there anything wrong officer ect i even said to him you can follow me to halfords (about 2mins away) and ill get a palte made up his responce was NO ither court or £60 fine,

its like road tax lets put that up and up ect but the roads around here don't get fixed there is some pot hole's tramps can live in around this way,

trafic cops should catch people with out insurance - tax - mot - licanse ect and chuck the book at them as them are the ones who put our insurance up and cause accidents and deaths on our roads my car is well looked after 4 mint tyers taxed & moted and insured and ive got a clean liscance no points and 5 years no clames, im not a boy racer im 22 yea but i take pride in my car's

its like when i had the focus i was reversing out off my drive and got flashed out by a copper who then stung me for a £60 fine for not wearing my seat belt while driving my defence was i was reversing ect then he went on to say reversing onto a main road is illigal but soo is reversing off a main road onto my drive soo that is a catch 22 situation

i also many years ago had german pressed plated onto a corsa GSi i owned i got pulled and a £30 fine for them im guessing its gone up from £30 to £60

and its every time i see a squad car i may as well stop wave them down like a taxi and jump in the back used to get pulled all the time for driving at night ect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)