Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Ians 5dr Astra Turbo

Best answers
Reaction score
Well here we go , finally managed to get all the pictures out my old phones memery card so i can start the diary..

Got her in january 2005 with a nice low 60k on the clocks an needing a new front end this is her rebuilt with mk4 side repeaters and 15" mk4 sport wheels on.

Image001.jpg

Image004a.jpg

Image002a.jpg

Last edited:
Fitted cav leather up front an cav electric sunroof motor an a ibiza slitter an kept it like thet till i got banned for racing on the m62 summer 06. Managed to get a running let from where ai worked for a nice price so then came the engine change..

Front end stripped and ready for out..

Image006.jpg

Bye bye smokey 1.6 16v..

Image008.jpg

Over the next couple of weekends shafts and suspension an any remaining fluids went in and she was dropped on her wheels again..

Image015.jpg

An hours wiring an a couple of hours tidying up an she was running first go with no problems woohoo. Was tinkered and played with while i was on the ban but then the misses fell on with my little boy so i had to think about a "sensible" car for when he was born in may of that year so when the ban was up the astra took a trip to my dads where it lived in his garage an came out for some fun on a week end.. :laugh:

Other bits an bobs were added to her, 5 stud an vectra gsi brakes inc rearconversion from drums, saab fmic, cav eluminated sun visors an gsi bonnet an bumper..

Fitted full koni lowering kit etec strut brace..

AstraTurbo007.jpg

Wasnt happy with gsi bumper as it was cheap an damaged, but dropped on another with grille at a good price..

AstraTurbo057.jpg

Had a running issue which turned out to be crank sensor and also found out early 08misses was having my little girl so astra went on back burner while i bought all the baby stuff again. Has been there ever since bless it but recently been able to do a few bits an bobs on her to get her back on road for late this year..

Got black gsi dash with 2.0 sport dash loom fitted with momo wheel..

cars003.jpg

Quite fancied one of these flip keys so got one off fleebay..

DSCF0659.jpg

Didnt fancy messing around changing blank an modding mk3 key to fit, also like the flat key look so found that the blank is same as vectra b, so i bought one hoping ignition would fit an it does woohoo..

DSCF0590.jpg

Last edited:
Got ignition and door lock fitted for now got to do the boot an glove box locks yet. Changed door handle to veccy b clour coded while i was at it..

DSCF0601.jpg

Well progress is gonna be slow as i lost my job recently and being banned again :doh::doh::doh: but i am determained to get her back on the road bye the end of the year one way or another and get to the shows in her in 2011..

looking good mate nice to have the time to leave it parked up and do the work were as if it was mine id rush it cuz its an everyday car

Lol how did you manage to get banned again! Did you get the grill and front bumper from fleabay?

Lol how did you manage to get banned again! Did you get the grill and front bumper from fleabay?

Got a very heavy right foot unfortuanatly will be having surgery to remove the lump of lead from it some time soon..:lol: ,an got the bumper and grille when i worked at breakers yard..

Have you actually got remote locking via the vectra key? or have you just got all the locks from the vectra to match that key?

Cars looking good, shame about being banned again though!

Cheers mate, Just got the full lock set with two keys nice ebay bargain will be fitting cliford alarm when i get time so no need for the remotes to work..

Got a very heavy right foot unfortuanatly will be having surgery to remove the lump of lead from it some time soon..:lol: ,an got the bumper and grille when i worked at breakers yard..

:lol::lol::lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back