Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

induction kit

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
Get a k&n element or Courtney etc and take the restrictor tubes out of the air box – whack a cold air feed to the box and its FAR better – induction kits on astras will only give u a flat spot and give you noise not power!

Reaction score
im getting more power from a k&n induction kit than i did from a derestricted airbox and courternay panel filter. No flat spot either. induction kits do work well, just got to keep the heat from them, plenty of cold air feeds and a home made heat shield.

Ben

Reaction score
at the end of the day, induction kits may look better, and sound better, but unless you've got an enclosed one, your just sucking hot air back into the engine. i've got a pipercross on mine, and its sounds nice, and runs well from cold, but as soon as the engine warms up, the acceleration is noticably slower.

Reaction score
Neve'o said:
im getting more power from a k&n induction kit than i did from a derestricted airbox and courternay panel filter. No flat spot either. induction kits do work well, just got to keep the heat from them, plenty of cold air feeds and a home made heat shield.
thats what i am planning

how did you make your heat shield mate ?

Reaction score
iv seen those vipers but imo your paying over the odds for the carbon fibre that the heatshield is made of when an ally one would do the job and look trick to once polished

Ben

Reaction score
strad said:
iv seen those vipers but imo your paying over the odds for the carbon fibre that the heatshield is made of when an ally one would do the job and look trick to once polished
agreed! i mean the viper is 200odd quid, and a heat shield from demon tweeks cost me £9 delivered, just add a 20 pound pipercross cold air feed, and you've got the same effect as the viper kit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)