Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

is anyone one here Diabetic?

jono_astra

East Midlands Regional Co-ordinator
Best answers
Reaction score

Last edited:

Last edited:
Well it might not be the same for everyone so I can't say either way really!

Maybe if she's doing it on a different finger each time it's having a chance to heal quicker. I wouldn't really like to say though because I'm not certain!

Last edited:

Last edited:
Well you have a right to be worried, especially after a scare like that. It's not so easy if you don't live together then. But it would be an idea to see if any are being used up anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know it's not nice being diabetic but its something you have to live with. But you really can't ignore it. You need to know what your blood sugar level is so you can control your diet.

Last edited:

Last edited:
my mums got it has had for 12 years, she doesnt get black spots anymore, an ifshe does they go away straight away

Last edited:
my mums a type1aswell mate an shes never been in hospital or anyfin with it

Last edited:

Last edited:
i don't want this to sound harsh or anything but what the **** is wrong with her!? if some one told me i had to do something or i would die i wouldn't think twice about doing it!

I would hate to be in your situation mate as i know your just trying to do the best but im sure it comes across the wrong way with her. I have no idea when it comes to diabetes, my mate has it and only seen him do something once. It was in aikido and he had some cylinder thing and jabbed it just under his chest. Had a bit of blood leak out onto his gi and that was it. No idea if it was checking sugar levels or anything, he drinks silly amounts of lucozade and things like that though. Guessing hes the other way round and need plenty of sugar?

i don't want this to sound harsh or anything but what the **** is wrong with her!? if some one told me i had to do something or i would die i wouldn't think twice about doing it!

I would hate to be in your situation mate as i know your just trying to do the best but im sure it comes across the wrong way with her. I have no idea when it comes to diabetes, my mate has it and only seen him do something once. It was in aikido and he had some cylinder thing and jabbed it just under his chest. Had a bit of blood leak out onto his gi and that was it. No idea if it was checking sugar levels or anything, he drinks silly amounts of lucozade and things like that though. Guessing hes the other way round and need plenty of sugar?

That's the insulin injection mate. There's another thing, it's like a spring loaded needle which jabs you quickly so you can squeeze a drop of blood out and onto a little device which will show you the level of your bloody sugar.

I dont get black spots, probably did when I was first diagnosed but now the needle barely makes it through the skin :lol: Does she do the tests on the actual finger tip or more on the edges?

Whats her HbA1c like?

Best thing you can do is ask her straight about the tests or perhaps sneak a peak her glucose monitor next time your together it will store the last 3 months or so at least, you'll soon know if shes doing them or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back