Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Isuzu 1.7TD clutch

Best answers
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a standard fitment pressure plate for the Isuzu 1.7TD that's better than the OE one? - I think it's going to be an F18, 200mm 24spline? Wanting to know if I can use other parts for more clamping or if i need to go Kevlar or paddle (which I want to avoid where possible as it will be a daily).

Is it a case of LUC or Borg & Beck standard kits are thought to just be better?

Any suggestions?

Hmm....

Ok, going to modify my own pressure plate.... Purchased a cheap one to strip down and mod :hmmm:

How are you going to mod it out of interest?

Remove the rivets holding pressure plate's springs (the steel spring metal / strips) and add additional ones to it (removed from my old pressure)-21372

Hopefully the clutch pedal wont feel too bad and the cable doesnt snap, or the clutch fork.... and..... and...... and..... :)

I'm not sure what you're going to achieve there? Those straps do nothing but attach the drive plate to the backplate and allow it to move back and forth.

I thought they also added some clamping force (I know the diaphragm spring does)? My logic was to go thicker or stacked up more then it will press onto the friction disc with more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back