Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

L13's 1995 Astra Arizona

L13

Best answers
Reaction score
Hello again... I am totally surprised by this purchase, It wasn't my intention to own another mk3. To be perfectly honest, it has never been my intention to own a mk3 ever. I didn't like them when they came out, they were far too modern for my taste ( I was smoking round in viva's at the time), and they were everywhere, such a common little thing, it never even crossed my mind to own one.
Years passed and I ended up buying a little 3 door to use as a daily ( it was cheap), since then, among other cars, I have found myself from time to time owning a mk3, usually to plug a gap when funds were low, or as a runaround whilst fixing whatever else i had at the time, and have generally come to like them, I have posted up on here a few times as well, my most recent being a Arctic auto. Which I subsequently sold when I bought an astra mk2 estate. I thought i was done with mk3's.
I had a short love/hate relationship with my mk2, I had it up for sale on ebay in jan/feb and was looking for replacement, I again toyed with the idea of a mk3, and even enquired about one that was for sale on here just to use while i looked for something i wanted... but decided against it. Which turns out to have been a good idea as the buyer of the mk2 never contacted me.
So on with mk2 ownership... again, I loved it one minute, and hated it the next. I loved the shape ( it was a 2 door) but hated the level of trim/comfort it had, I found myself wanting the comfort and useability of the mk3, but i still wanted an estate... Mk3 estates are few and far between it seems, so i decided on a mk4 estate. That was it, definately a mk4 estate. I like the look of them, and the comfort level would be exactly what i wanted, and they are more available than a mk3. So definately a mk4. And most definately an estate.
So I put the mk2 on ebay.
After finishing the listing, I absent-mindedly put 'astra' in the search box, set the search parameters to find anything before 2005 under a grand, and first on the list was a 1995 mk3 astra arizona with 6 months MOT and less than ten miles away with a 'buy it now' of £500. . . I don't know what came over me but I messaged the guy, went to view it, and bought it within hours.
Yes it's a mk3. No, it's not an estate.... it is exactly NOT what I wanted.
But it's great :D
It needs indicator lenses, it could do with rear arches soon, I had to weld up the broken seat frame on the drivers side, and the rear passenger door has a bit of a dent in it... but so far I love it, it's just a great little car.
Sorry for the long waffle, here's some pictures :)
nop2.jpgnop1.jpgIMG_20210328_152706527_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpgIMG_20210328_152727723_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpgIMG_20210328_152818067.jpg

Nice buy spotted it on FB and tidy car

Reactions: L13
Hi, If you need sills or arches for your car I do have for both sides, they are brand new.

hi thanks for the offer but as the areas of concern are only small bits i will probably fabricate what i need, I'll know more when i get a chance to give it a proper once over.

Looks decent :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back