Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

lacquering a scratched phone screen?

Best answers
Reaction score
my phone screen is absolutely nackered from work its gets scratched to ****, i was thinking about taping it up and lacquering it - opinions?

use to spray phoes with that nissan change colour paint back in the day 1998 lol. They look quite good as long as you make sure you seperate the plastics before spraying

cant see it hurting mate unless its something like an original n95 which is the lcd in which case you need to remove it from the phone and be EXTREMELY careful that none of it gets down the sides

its a samsung j700, the screen is just a plexiglass type of thing and ill just duck tape up everything apart from the spray area all the innards will be sealed off

Buy a genuine replacement housing off ebay and spray that one, if the scratches are bad the laquer will just cover and not hide them, tried this on an old samsung didn't work very well, thats when i bought a new housing, sprayed that and swapped it over

yeah do it on a new front for it, and dont use duct tape :doh: use masking tape

i used t cut scratch remover on my old phone and that sorted it out it even worked on scratches on my old bike helmet visor

might give tcut a go then, now to find it in the aladins cave that is my garage :lol:

Yeah as said t-cut would be your best option, with a bit of work can get good results, can even use it on sunglasses/glasses etc if the scratches aren't too deep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back