Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Latest Mk3's

Reaction score
Right, my mk3 is a very late 1, November 97 so its an R, which I though was the last reg the mk3 was on, but then I see an S plate estate in tescos, and a S plate diesel Merit and a pic of a T plate cabrio on the web.

I know the mk3 production stopped in feb 98, so how many made it onto S and T plate's?? as I wanna get 1.

Reaction score
I have seen a 'T' plate mk3 astra in white for sale in Autotrader. i thought it was a misprint, but the pic showed a T on the number plate. That was about 18 months ago

Looked like an ex-police car from the pic.

Reaction score
DTM_Chris said:
I have seen a 'T' plate mk3 astra in white for sale in Autotrader. i thought it was a misprint, but the pic showed a T on the number plate. That was about 18 months ago

Looked like an ex-police car from the pic.
Didnt know the fuzz used mk3's for police duties?

Joe

Reaction score
They certainly did, The majority of patrol cars around merseyside were 5 door 1.6MPi astra GLS's until about 5 years ago

Joe

Reaction score
Also cabrio's in most manufactures carry on when the normal versions cease. Look at V.W golf for instance the MK1 cabrio went on for about 3 years into the Mk2

Reaction score
The 2 'S' plates I mentioned in original post, the estate the guy wont sell as hes giving it to a relative, and the merit is white, a 1.7 d, towbar, and high miles so it'd be a waste of time getting it for the sake of a newer plate.

still wanting an S or T plate though.

and Al RHD conversions aint that difficult. I want it. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)