Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

lee-roys astra

Best answers
Reaction score
im quite a way in to doing stuff to my car but there is still loads left on my wish list,

with the death of my last astra 1.4 spi
DSC00261.jpg
[/IMG]

i needed a mk3 quick so i found a 1.7td for £240, a month down the line the head gasket went so i thought it was time for a redtop, i've not got any pics of it when i got it or putting the engine in but me and my brother put it in over 2 weekend.

the engine's out of a cav and cos mine was a td i used the in line fuel system off the cav and kept my fuel tank.

engine- c20xe from cavalier sri, f20 gear box, 4 branch sportex manifold, sportex de-cat, standard middle section and back box, power cap, k&n cone filter, rocker cover powder coated white, bailey power steering tank and other chrome bits through out

suspension- new standard front and rear shocks with g-max 35mm springs

brakes- front- 5 stud calibra v6 front leg with v6 callipers with 284mm disks. rear- 5 stud rear hubs on gsi axle

wheels- 17inch team dynamics motorsport wheels in black with 205 40 17 tyres

exterior- 1997 astra 1.7td body, gsi front bumper, gsi rear bumper, gsi ph1 side skirts, gsi ph2 spoiler, gsi bonnet, gsi grill, m3 mirrors, gsi rear lights, angle eye head lights, mk4 side repeters vectra colour coded door handles, s-type splitter, fiat punto rear wiper arm

interior- black calibra leather, door cards re-trimed in black leather. momo steering wheel and gear knob, white clocks,

ice- ripspeed dvd head unit, pioneer tweeters and door speakers, jbl 6x9's, 2x kenwood 10inch subs and 1000 watt amp

astra-1.jpg
[/IMG]
110.jpg
[/IMG]
113.jpg
[/IMG]
108.jpg
[/IMG]

i will keep it up to date from now on :lol:

looking good fella not keen on the wing mirrors but each to there own, love the phase two rear spoiler tho looks a tidy motor you have there

cheers mate, i didn't think they'd be to everyones taste, they may go in time as i've got loads of bit still to do

very nice likin it but im sure i have seen the car in person lol n its owner

with the weather being ok today i gave the car a clean, sorted out my exhaust rubber mount (cos 1 was missing) and put another coat of paint on my calipers. and i got some more up to date pic's of my engine bay with my strut brace, battery cover ect...

1 cleaned car, not great but oh well..
027.jpg
[/IMG]
028.jpg
[/IMG]
029.jpg
[/IMG]
030.jpg
[/IMG]

the painting i done today...
031.jpg
[/IMG]

and a pic of my engine bay, i've got front and rear strut braces and it does feel a bit better in the courners but not as good/stiff as when i had the jamex shocks
026.jpg
[/IMG]

lookin very nice buddy

ya getting there : - )

beats the one i saw ya first in,lol still it kept up with mine But i was just ticking over,lol

lookin very nice buddy

ya getting there : - )

beats the one i saw ya first in,lol still it kept up with mine But i was just ticking over,lol

Carefull slaps, he's faster than you now mate :hang:

(not that thats hard with your old man driving ;))

Looks nice lee-roy, except the mirrors and the headlights, but each to there own.

Here, have a badger :badgerdance:

thanks for the reply's, how times change slappy :lol::lol: thats going back a while. yeh i understand that its not to everyone taste and thanks for the badger :lol:. it'll be clean by then mate cos i'm treating my car that day by picking up my new engine :thumb: oh and not yet bud.

pic's of the new engine will be up after the 20th of this mouth and that'll keep me busy for a while :nod:

look foward to it mate. is that going to be runnin on a stand alone engine management?

look foward to it mate. is that going to be runnin on a stand alone engine management?

what ever comes with it mate, all i know is i've got everything for it and i know the bloke who had in his mk2 astra and it was rapid. its costing me £400 and he told me i will need 2 new solenids for the nos and the carb's jetted just to be sure it's all up to standard, and i've got to run a facet low preasure elec fuel pump

i picked up some ph1 elec wing mirrors, complete door loom and the tweeter covers off of mellow yellow yesterday (cheers mate) so this is whats going to be keeping me busy untill next week when the engine arrives, i've also got a rieger grill on its way cos i loved my 1 on my last car. picks will follow when work starts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back