Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Best answers
Reaction score
i picked up my new car from where the m25 meets the m1 the other day so it was a bit of a treck to go and get it but imo well worth it, cost me £500 for a L reg convertible 2.0 8v with clifford alarm and imob all elec (witch all work) 12 months mot and 6 months tax and all round good cond for price, so today when out to burnsie666 unit to do a few bits and now get ready for the carb engine. any way here's some pic's

003-17.jpg
[/IMG]
004-12.jpg
[/IMG]
005-11.jpg
[/IMG]

burnsie gave it a good clean with snow foam
006-9.jpg
[/IMG]
007-5.jpg
[/IMG]
008-6.jpg
[/IMG]

apart from that with the help from burnsie we de-badged it
009-5.jpg
[/IMG]

the girlfriend gave it a good clean inside, started doing the bump strips (still got some of the glue to get off) fitted the grill
011-5.jpg
[/IMG]
fitted my white dials
010-4.jpg
[/IMG]
and other little bits today. still to go on is the bonnet, front bumper and side skirts and take off the tow bar

Last edited:
nice one mate. white cabbys look the best imo :nod:

will look good when finished, gona look quite like simons one i take it?? vvv
720387_4_full.jpg

nice find mate. looks very tidy and at a bargain price aswell. whens the big day then, the engine swap??

nice one mate. white cabbys look the best imo :nod:

will look good when finished, gona look quite like simons one i take it?? vvv
720387_4_full.jpg

cheers yeh they are nice in white with the black hood, pretty much mate cos it was a lovely looking motor

looking guud mate the bloke with the hat on in the pics is a handsome devil! :lol:

lol i wouldn't go that far :lol:

nice find mate. looks very tidy and at a bargain price aswell. whens the big day then, the engine swap??

cheers mate, not long now i wouldn't of thought bud i want to get it all ready so it can be done over a weekend so i'm not without a car

good good mate, sounds like a plan. wont take that long to do. got somewhere to do it inside or is it out on the drive again?

good good mate, sounds like a plan. wont take that long to do. got somewhere to do it inside or is it out on the drive again?

its outside again on the drive cos my garage is so full of car bits but like you said mate it wont take that long

no time wasting ay, good man :) looking foward to seeing this all done :nod:

thanks bud, yeh got to crack on with it :nod:

hope and prey for a good w,end weather wise then mate. any joy on priceing up a port and polish on the head yet mate?

hope and prey for a good w,end weather wise then mate. any joy on priceing up a port and polish on the head yet mate?

haven't had a price yet but but i've found someone to do the work on it, a friend of burnsie666's. this bloke done loads of the work on the redtop on bike carb's in the chevette in total vauxhall a while back. it'll be my luck that it rain's every weekend from now on :Cry: if it does me and my brother will just have to get wet :sad:

now theres deadecation for you, in the rain.lol. when you gonna drop the head round to him?

tell me about it mines been 18 MONTHS now. ive had a 1.4 and now a 1.6 to make do with in the mean time.

tell me about it mines been 18 MONTHS now. ive had a 1.4 and now a 1.6 to make do with in the mean time.

you'l be chuffed when its back on the road mate

Coming along mate, nice work.

cheers bud, still load to do and keep me busy body work and the engine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back