Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Leon's derv

Bloody hell mate :( I can see why you made the choice though! Still sad, was a very cool car.

Very sad day, I loved it.... the clutch went, turbo and then all the bodywork. I was 1/2 way through getting the engine out and just stopped (yes in the poring rain too). All back together again for scrap heaven :(

£141 if anybody is interested was the scrap value

It really was throwing it down lol-

Been sat under a car cover and forgotten about for many a month.... she fired up without charger, booster or help like she was just parked up yesterday! :o

View attachment 21832

View attachment 21833
Really liked this car mate, such a shame it had to go. It was the tail pipe that did it for me, absolute spectacular feature! I need to make something like this out of an old car :biggrin:

Really liked this car mate, such a shame it had to go. It was the tail pipe that did it for me, absolute spectacular feature! I need to make something like this out of an old car :biggrin:

I'm missing it loads :( was sat up under a cover for 3/4 of a year but always with the intentions of getting it back on the road. I'm now with a mk5 turbo petrol that drinks fuel and gets none of the looks that I'm wanting to get shut of.... I used to love all the heads turning in my derv and loved the contrast at work with all the new range rovers and BMs (I work in a shirt and tie office as a Quality Engineer and Health & Safety - Aerospace so you can imagine how much my car stood out) lol.

Next car is getting similar treatment though, regardless of condition lol :D

2 for the price of one so you can get a good car I am sure

Can you remember what the e.t. of the wheels where?

The steels that I fitted? they were a negative offset-

Fronts,
I had to space the fronts out even further as they were just flat onto the disc, needed pushing out with a huge spacer to clear the caliper (small original caliper at that), inner plastic arches had to be removed, the wings themselves had to be cut right back, slitted and then bent out further. Universal extensions were needed to cover the missing bits. The front wheel track was huge.

Rears,
Didnt need spacers here but required the arches still modifying (all the arch lip was bent back on itself but still scrapped when fully loaded), bare in mind that rear was jacked up also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back