Leon's Phase 2

Mr.Negative

Club Member
Reaction score
And that's where I've left her for today....

On a separate note, my sun visor went all floppy :lol: so got a new one..... dont ask me why it looks tiny in the pic. It's the same size and not floppy! honest :) -

And one shaft is back in I'll be ready for stronger wastegate spring and wastegate duty cycle map to be tweaked.... I have now got the fuel exactly where it needs to be, never had it as good :) -

Mr.Negative

Club Member
Reaction score
And the old shaft.... well, i say old but it's not long since been fitted new! lol -

Mr.Negative

Club Member
Reaction score
Must say, well impressed with the equal length shaft! Used to be pretty un-drivable- in 1st and 2nd gears you could not keep pulling and had to lift off, 3rd gear was a handful and scary.... now 1st and 2nd have just a little (still skids but doesn't rip your arm off) and very little torque steer in 3rd so it's worlds apart now with more confidence and control while driving.

Mr.Negative

Club Member
Reaction score
Cant wait to get all my engine work done and get the car off to paint.

Love a red mk3 gsi, definatley the best colour.
Cheers, I'll be honest though and say now that although I love a nice shinny red GSI the white ones are my fav..... I do get more satisfaction polishing a red car though.

TomF

Club Member
Reaction score
Does make a big difference the equal shaft setup, bet you wish youd fitted it sooner haha

Mr.Negative

Club Member
Reaction score
Does make a big difference the equal shaft setup, bet you wish youd fitted it sooner haha
Oh yes.... I didnt realise how bad it would be without and a little bit of power, was well needed. Most new cars have them as standard even when running relatively low power.

Mr.Negative

Club Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you still fettling the mk3.

Especially so when you run a plated diff or should I say a proper LSD . It still pulls but nowhere near as bad as a long shaft would.
Oh, I will forever be fettling lol..... Wish I could justify the cost of an LSD, maybe one day but thinking big brakes next on the list and also adjustable rear dampers (not happy with the rear end when cornering in quick concession).

Mr.Negative

Club Member
Reaction score
what wheels are they again?
I forget, they're some german make.... 16" x 35offset.

And 35s are pushing it lol-

Had to remove mudflaps on rear-

It's VERY close to the arch lip (inner), may need to mod it but will test drive it first-

Fronts are close too! -

Massive dish to them :D

Mr.Negative

Club Member
Reaction score
Just need to mod rear arches slightly as they rub currently and will be bob-on then :)

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
Ad08R or RS on the front? (they are different depending on when you got them)

Like the colour silver on the red, think the wheels look dogshite as really dont suite the car shape but thats my view

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)