Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Loom Change

Best answers
Reaction score
Hi All.

My Astra is the basic merit spec originally. its had after market electric windows fitted, but the combination of that and my alarm settings mean that i cannot use the orginal drivers side double window switch. I've had to fit a single one where the mirror switch should be.
But this is one of the only things you can tell mine isn't a real GSi, and as i've spent so much time and effort making mine a good replica, i might as well do it properly.

So i want to swap my entire interior loom for a GSi loom. Does anyone have any informationon what i should look out for, and general advice before i start the task.

Any help would be greatly appricated.

Cheers Chris.

you shouldn't need to change the whole interior loom, i think all astras have the same loom but higher spec astras have addtional looms that plug into the interior loom, ie, fuel computer loom. they have different door looms for central locking and leccy windows though. so you should only need to change little sections of loom like the door ones etc. Id say to get your windows working the same way as a gsi is to rip the guts out of a 3dr with the leccy windows (motor,linkages, loom.) and fit them in your doors. a big black plug connects the door loom to the car loom near the door hinges. the door plug shouldn't have as many pins as the car plug.if this the case the car/interior loom will have wires in it for central locking, electric heated mirrors and electric windows. hope all this helps in some way!

So i might be able to add on to my current loom? Have to have a look at some other Astra's.
My current loom only has two wires going to the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back