Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Low Power 1994 Astra F

Best answers
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my 1994 Astra where I have low power. When I take off in 1st gear it struggles till I get to about 3-4,000 rpm then it has power. It struggles going up slight hills. I have replaced fuel filter, spark plugs, plug leads. Ive also cleaned the throttle body & changed the coolant temp sensor. I've even took it to my local MOT station for them to check my emissions & they said it's spot on. I did notice it had a inline filter Mahle KL14 just below the inlet which I have replaced with a plastic piece of tubing. It's a phase 1 running a C16SE engine. Any help is very much appreciated, thank you.

Just a little update on this. I have replace MAP sensor & fuel pump. Car was still the same. I managed to get hold of a Haynes manual & found there was a memory chip on the ECU. I stripped & removed this & the car seemed a tad better but not cured. I also found the RON plug to be set on 98 rather than 95, so that has been switched but at the same time I removed the air filter & throttle return spring. Car feels much better but still get a tiny bit of hesitation from a standing start. Refitted air filter & still good for now. Have an oil leak from camshaft seal so gonna be replacing that & checking the tention on timing belt.

I found the issue with the loss of power. It turned out that my octane plug was set to 98 & not 95. The resistance wasn't right for 98, so I set it back to 95 as I run cheap fuel & now have most power back. I'm still having an issue with the car though. Mainly when stuck in traffic the car kangaroos when slightly on throttle. I have tried a new TPS sensor but no changes. Any ideas what it could be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back