Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Megane scenic wheel bearing.

Best answers
Reaction score
Alright guys. Firstly, i know im asking something about a renault on an astra site, but a forum (mentioning no names) havent helped me at all, 8 hours my post has been up and not one person has commented on it, however on here, within a couple of minutes someone replies to you. Maybe someone on here knows about this. Secondly, sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

The missus has a, Renault Megane Scenic 98-99, However the offside rear wheel bearing is shot and making a horrible grinding noise when rotated. I have had them off to make sure it wasn't the rear shoes.
I have been looking through the haynes manual and it states that there are two type of axles. These axles determines weither the whole hub has to be changed, or just the wheel bearings.
Ive trailed the net and auto-data, but no luck what so ever.
So my question to you is, do i have to change the bearing, or do i have to change the whole hub?
If anyone could shed any light on this, it would be much appreciated.
Thank You. :beer:

ring your local motor factors they should be able to tell you straight away
im 99% sure that most of them are hub assemblies not just the bearings

Thank you tonyp. Im sure myself you have to change the hub, not the bearing, but wanted to make sure first. Ill give them a ring and see what they say.

Well rang them today, and they told me that i had to change the hubs, cant change the bearings themself. I never thought of ringing motor factors, cheers for your help mate.

no problem im happy to help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back