Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

MFD thing? lol

Are they LED or regular bulbs? They will all work in any of the units, but if they are LED they will only work one way round. If they are bulbs then it could be a dodgy connection on the circuit board that they make contact with.

il try that, if not il look about for a MFD and stalk.. im guessing its not too hard to wire in?

it might not help that my battery is ni on dead, but it made it light up before i changed the bulbs, then i ended up getting locked in the van as the central locking threw a spazzo at me lol. not what i need as doors not opening now might fail the mot tbh lol.

There's a guide on how to wire it in. I wired mine in.. about 15-20 wires in all I think.

698da62f.jpg

15df084b.jpg

I much prefer the white to the blue, the blue is very in your face and looks a bit cack. You should be able to pick one up for £10-20.

Well, il see if i can actually get them working first lol. il try turning them around tomorrow, also get my battery on charge. so i dont lock myself inside again lol.

i did mine myself

was a right pain in the arse but i wired it in, i read the MFD installation guide by lefthooker and labelled each wire so i knew which one was which, that made it easier to fit,

just remember to wire each earth down seperate to a single earth point as when i did mine i wired them all to 1 wire then down to the earth point and i have a few things not working properly like the temp, hopefully ill get it in and working properly soon, then i can get it updated to the proper software to get the range and speed working

Last edited:
If you follow instructions in previously mentioned guide, everything can work like in original...
Here's mine...

Mine is showing only outside temp, average speed, average consumption, range, stopwatch.... I didn't connect rest of the wiring ( light errors, washer fluid level, coolant... ) because i don't have these installed on my car :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back