Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

MK3 Astra Wiring - 20SEH Conversion

Best answers
Reaction score
Couldnt see an electrical section so though I would put this in here! Anyway I hav got my engine in (20SEH0 to my Astra (1.4 16v Ecotec). Now I need to do the wriring! Problem is I have done engine changes in the past but nothing that has needed re-wiring. I have the full Cavalier SRI Donor Car sitting. Basically need some advice from someone that has done a conversion? There is a loom running down each side of the engine, does this connect into one inside the car? Where do I need to take the loom from in the Cav? Is it a dash out job? (Please say no!)

As much advice as you can offer will be greatly appreciated!

Bob :)

Correct theres two looms. one loom is the engine loom and the other the car loom.

Engine loom mostly goes to the ecu, but will have some plugs to connect up (should be easy that, match colours)

Car loom will be a multiplug, this should just plug in (check if the wire colours match up. If you dont get this one right you wont even get a spark etc.

You shouldnt need to take the dash out (i havent) Its really simple, take your time and your get it running first time.

:beer:

Hi Paul,
Thanks for getting back to me. Astradan also replied on Mig. It would seem the right hand side pllugs straight in and you have to do some joining up of wires inside the car near the ECU. Should manage ok now I have an idea of what I am doing! lol Should hopefully all be sorted soon.

Bob :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back