Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

mk4 exhaust onto mk3?

Best answers
Reaction score
hi guys, just saw a scorpion race tube and back box for sale, woul this fit onto my mk3 astra c20let with a bit of modification?:heh:

Anything will fit with modification.

I have a Vectra GSI system on my MK3 Estate, and a Saab 9000 system on my MK2.

As standard the system wont work, but it also depends on the year the system came from, Later Mk4's have the cat in the manifold, later ones its underneath. However with modifications anything will fit

well it says its for 1998-04. lol. when i say mods i mean as little mods as poss. eg i could change flanges but couldnt bend the pipe. is it roughly the same shape as the mk3 exhaust?

well it says its for 1998-04. lol. when i say mods i mean as little mods as poss. eg i could change flanges but couldnt bend the pipe. is it roughly the same shape as the mk3 exhaust?

Its mostly the same shape, however you might have problems with the bends over the beam. and also the length of pipe between the joint and the backbox, it might be too long, and the trouble is, there is a spring bolt flange on that section, and its not pushfit. Also as well as that you might have problems joining it to the cat. Like I said earlier, dont just go off what years it fits because the earlier Mk4's the cat is underneath, later ones its on the manifold. I know this because I helped someone nearby with their exhaust, which was a right pain

the MK4 Standard system has a long box that won't easily fit the MK3, as there a some hangers in the middle (between the MK3 CAT and middle box).

The shape over the beam and under the tank is about the same.

cheers for your help guys. sounds like it cud be a nightmare.lol im basically wanting 2.5" from the cat back, any one know an easy affordable way to do this?lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back