Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Mk4 gsi in red TomVauxhall

Best answers
Reaction score
20160508_213009.jpg daily driver while I build my mk3. Got hold of some coupe turbo alloys and had them painted in white.

Last edited:
Remember a friend collecting her red Gsi when they came out had it for years and definitely not many made because red used to / does fade badly. Always fancied a mk4 Gsi but couldn't do it always lacked something I'd go vxr if I did

Nice car love the rear lights

Remember a friend collecting her red Gsi when they came out had it for years and definitely not many made because red used to / does fade badly. Always fancied a mk4 Gsi but couldn't do it always lacked something I'd go vxr if I did

Nice car love the rear lights

Lexmaul rear lights apparently.

Yea vauxhall never quite got the hang of the red paint, usually ends up pink/white!

Nothing will ever be as sexy as a mk3 but I do have a soft spot for my mk4's

Lexmaul rear lights apparently.

Yea vauxhall never quite got the hang of the red paint, usually ends up pink/white!

Nothing will ever be as sexy as a mk3 but I do have a soft spot for my mk4's

Lexmal are big money to!

20160510_163010.jpg

Had no reverse lights, so stuck in a set of led's and they ran constantly. So pulled them back out again! No idea what the problem is.

Last edited:
20160710_164437.jpg Tried to sort out the oil leak on this today, changed the copper washers and banjo bolts on the turbo and put a new gasket on the oil feed pipe underneath. Turns out the oil is weeping from between the turbo and the downpipe. Looks like I will have to take the whole lot off.

Took the bumper off to refit it properly. It was held on with 6 cable ties!
It's now held on with 6 tech screws. Pulled off the black sticker around the numberplate while I was there20160710_174358.jpg

It is going pink in places so I will have to give it a polish this week. Not going mad on it though as I hate polishing.

Last edited:
Really have a soft spot for mk4 gsi's, one car I would get rid of the mk3 for and sometimes wish I'd got a mk4 lol

That's a really nice example always had a soft spot for the gsi

Spent the last couple of nights polishing and waxing the car.
Used Tcut and auto glym spay on wax which smells lovely and is easy to use.
20160714_211033.jpg 20160714_211046.jpg 20160714_211430.jpg couldn't get the rear bumper and bootlid grab handle the same colour. Think they've been resprayed before. A lot of the paintwork has been redone in the past and some of it is a bit duff here and there. I hate polishing cars but the end result is satisfying. Just don't get too close and it looks OK!

May benefit from a compound and decent Polish

I am thinking of putting my gsi up for swap

Genuine red gsi. Leh conversion, forged, ko6, full leather 280.

Ideally like to keep my wheels so it will come on gsi snowflakes

the car runs well, has an oil leak from the turbo so will need changing eventually
Front bumper is screwed on, Engine bay is untidy and has been badly resprayed under the bonnet ( I think it has been canned on over original paint with no prep and is flaking)

Ideally would like a mk4 or mk3 van, z20let, z20leh c20let etc...

Or a mk3 3door...

Must have:
roughly the same spec engine

250+ bhp,

proper conversions only, no bodges

And must be tidy, decent interior, m.o.t etc
No sh*t boxes.

Not in any rush at all to get rid of it at all, so it must be something pretty tasty otherwise I'm not bothered

Anybody know of anything give me a shout
Cheers

PicsArt_07-18-02.15.13.jpg
20160714_211033.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back