Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Murray's MK3

JMurray

Club Member
Reaction score
My car's gonna get some mods soon.

First I want to see what can be done with the 1.4 SPi so i'm getting a different camshaft. It will be a copy of a Courtenay cam, then some head work. While that's going on, i'm going to fit a digi dash. I'll post up how I went about fitting it (hopefully!).

Last edited:

JMurray

Club Member
Reaction score
I got my digi dash (cheers Astra Alex). So I gonna wire it in sometime soon. That be fun (or not!).

JMurray

Club Member
Reaction score
Sure will. I owe your more than one beer though :laugh: . Though i'm gonna contact Dom on migweb and get some filters for the dash. Then some day a 20SEH maybe (yeah underline MAYBE! :) ).

JMurray

Club Member
Reaction score
'Ere Bob. Did you get you're SEH running yet? Maybe some day i'll meet you at crail and find out who's is the quickest ;) :whistling .

Reaction score
Alright mate,
Yeah It is running great, apart from a dodgy Idle control valve but will get that sorted. Yours will be quicker if I dont change gear before the revs get to the bottom! lol I wonder how many Scots we have on here now, could get a minimeet sorted. Mind you I think you are the furthest North! lol There is a few Fifers.

Bob :)

JMurray

Club Member
Reaction score
Well I found a cav SRI on a f reg. So i'm gonna buy it, some time. But i've been offered a 18SE out of a MK2 Astra SRI for £10 with loom and gearbox. If I find a 3dr MK3 i'll have that as well.

JMurray

Club Member
Reaction score
Update. Well i've scored some bits in the form of a whole MK3 Astra CDi 2.0 5dr in the same colour as mine. 60 notes for the whole thing :) , I will post pics up on Saturday (that's when i'm getting it).

JMurray

Club Member
Reaction score
Right here's the pics of the car i've bought for bits for my car.

picture52yp.th.jpg

picture168vp.th.jpg

picture140hv.th.jpg

So tomorrow, i'll be breaking this car down. If you want anything, PM me.

Reaction score
Bargain buy there mate! With it being an Astra everything is gonna be a piece of pi$$ to swap over.

Bob :)

JMurray

Club Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know, it's quite a rare model. In fact i've got some new pics. What i'll do is see what every one wants off it. There's a good idle valve on it, you can have it for £6 plus p&p ;) :) . Here's pic of why I got the car at that price.

picture355ec.th.jpg

Quite a mess. Typical wheel arch rot, shame really I would of put it back on the road.

JMurray

Club Member
Reaction score
Nah, it's a C20NE (aka useless piece of crap). I want a 20SEH for mine. I know of a whole MK3 Cav SRI with one and going for a good price. I might stick the NE in a another astra for a laugh, if I can find one that is.

JMurray

Club Member
Reaction score
Now i've got the filters for the Digi Dash from Dom on migweb.co.uk so i'm changing the very 80's orange glow to a cool blue.

JMurray

Club Member
Reaction score
:thumbup: Woohoo! I've got a lowering kit coming soon. That should sharpen things up, I might try and find a GSi 2nd anti-roll bar as well.

JMurray

Club Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the new parts i've got for me '3'. It's a Gmax lowering kit for a MK2 GTE 16V. This will be fun!
lkit3zu.th.jpg

JMurray

Club Member
Reaction score
I'll try. Ahem, the car is Dumfries (don't ask but it is mine and I've got V5 to prove), i'm here in forres some distance. So pics could be about Crimbo time. But pics will be taken as will the Digi Dash transplant!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)