Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

My 1.4 Merit - GSI

So pissed off it was mossy, dusty, scuffed and dented I set to this morning, washed using washing up liquid to strip whatever wax was left, then clayed, rinsed, polished, waxed then decided to go over the cheap wax with HD Wax cos it was **** :D I've touched up, compounded and tidied up the worst if the bumps and that dent has knocked out from behind the door card.

full.jpg

full.jpg

And put to bed :lol:

full.jpg

Last edited:
Looks stunning! Ready for vboa I'd say ;)

Cheers Andy it's not up close but if I got it really tidy I'd get too precious about it, plus the battlescars add character :D

I'd love to do VBOA but I didn't think I'd get the car this far in time, im out of holidays and rota'd in for work as well :(

Just picked up set of door cards number 4 from station, along with a set of black door seals, one thing I never got around to changing, so they're still blue :D my irmy lower spoiler arrived as well, so I'll hopefully get that painted soon.

MOT time, went to book it in for next week, said he had space, went home and got it. Fairly sure it will fail, as I've not had chance to do the track rod ends, but its free retest so if there's nothing else it's not an issue.

full.jpg

I look at this car and all I can see is a car going up in value as you wont find another. How was the MOT

Failed, headlight adjustment, 1 tyres has a bulge and two wheels are severely bent, horn started playing up so that went down, too loud, and battery insecure. And now I can't find the sodding clamp I took off 3 days ago. Got a standard backbox here, so just the headlights wheels and horn to sort, which I think is a dirty contact ring.

too loud you cant be too loud surely

Apparently you can, so standard exhaust back on.... briefly :D

New wheels after putting feelers out everywhere, they'll be going silver tomoro, hate black wheels

full.jpg

Headlight replaced and both adjusted, standard exhaust bought, just some welding to be done where I have apparently torn an outrigger off, probably loading it on that trailer since I had to take a run up. Should have ticket Monday. :)

A busy day of sorting everything put bar the separated outrigger on the front floor which needs welding on Monday. Got 2 new tyres on the school run this morning. First off the horn, dirty ring so I cleaned it (stop laughing at the back). Battery clamp refitted, gave the wheels the quickest repaint ever since the paint is terrible and I'll get them stripped at some point. Wheels off, inside the arches brushed out and revealed, cleaned the brakes up a bit, and refitted a standard 1.4 silencer. Productive day.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

looks the part now

Cracked on with the spoiler last night as well, wet the tarpaulin which worked well, no bits in it and a decent rattle can finish. Just need the centre badge now.

full.jpg

Ready for retest tomoro..

full.jpg

Hdr is a wonderful thing on a camera :D hides a lot tbf but its not too bad.

Looking smart, really quite like the orange indicators tbh

Looks well :) Cant beat a nice white "n"!

Nice one! Looks great. So there was a decent set of wheels hiding under that black paint? It took me a looooooong time to find a clean-ish set of GSi 15's...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back