Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

My 1.4 Merit - GSI

At halfords Rhyl hey

Attachments

• 4BDA443C-7E4D-41F8-98BC-D7548B1967F0.jpeg
    4BDA443C-7E4D-41F8-98BC-D7548B1967F0.jpeg
    301.2 KB · Views: 14
Glad he didn't get the other side, I stopped for the filler to budge my rust hole :lol: was only in there 30 seconds didn't see anyone lol

So Tuesday night this happened. There has been a spot here since I bought it 10 years ago but it's gotten rather manky in the last 12 months.

full

So left Kurust in it overnight so I could fill it with budge the following day. I'm well aware I haven't got all the rust, it's so I can use it for my wedding without having a huge hole in the side of it. I've got a man with a plan to do it with metal over the summer.

Went Halfords for some fiberglass, mesh and body filler, and had a can of 474 Glacier White mixed up to be on the safe side. I've used appliance white from halfords on the bumper and you wouldn't know the difference, but playing it safe since id have to blend it in. Anyway, stage 2, fill the hole

full

Nice day so filler was going off nice and quick, couple of skins of p38 brought us to painting. Left it a few days in the sun, hardened nicely. Not a perfect job by any means but unless you looked you wouldn't know. I know, and it's already bugging me, but better than the snot that was there.

full

Once the wedding is out of the way outer and inner will be done properly, panel is waiting but the fella is rather busy atm, so this will do short term. Only filler I've ever used on this though, and its 25 this year so not bad going.

You'd be surprised how long just using epoxy resin on rust lasts (if it were just filler it would bubble from the inside out in no time at all). Can't tell the colour difference from that pic to where it's been touched in so looks a good effort to me.

Went to a cars and coffee type meet this morning on Colwyn Bay promenade, wasnt expecting much but it was heaving, next one falls on the date of my wedding I think but will try organise something if any local members are interested? I didnt get many pics, cars were constantly in and out but been sent a few of mine some people took

full

full

full

Glad I fixed that arch now :lol:

Glad he didn't get the other side, I stopped for the filler to budge my rust hole :lol: was only in there 30 seconds didn't see anyone lol
my mates the manager so he is always watching lol

Just been and had the car washed, I've done the inside, ready for taking me and the best man to my wedding on Saturday, and me and the future wife to our reception :) gonna give it a quick once over at the end of the week but another job ticked off what is a huge list, never getting married again :D

2049789d5904.jpg

eeae145578c1.jpg

dd23ad0bbce9.jpg

8ac475fb2429.jpg

0644dbb31fea.jpg

Good luck for the wedding. Mine isn't coming to mine :lol:

To be fair I wanted this, its white and free :lol: I wanted the General Lee originally but it was something like 700 for the 2 hours or so I'd need it, sod that :lol:

Strange to say being a massive petrol head we are NOT having wedding or any cars at ours lol

Looks well all done up in wedding stripes! :)

well done and congratulations. I guess the second best man didnt show then?

Cheers Kev, no he didnt, but the guy that I did have did a blinding job :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back