Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

My 59,000 Mile 1993 (K) 2.0i Cesaro .... 2nd Time Round!!! (Picture Heavy)

Best answers
Reaction score
Hi All, hope we are well.

Im Russell and have ben registered on here for a couple of years now. You may remember it was me that bought the 2.0i Cesaro from its sole owner in 2017. The car needed no introduction as it was an exceptional one off find with literally every book, receipt, bill of sale, Network Q point of sale material, keys, plates, stickers, keyring etc from day one. Its 59,000 miles had worn well and the car was in exceptional condition factory standard condition (the only way i like them). Being a 2.0i too made it even more appealing as i don't think many were made and only a tiny handful have made it through to now. Its the history that makes the car so special to me.

Engagement and house purchase (and a wedding next year in 2020) made me sell the car in 2017 and have regretted it ever since. As you will be aware a dealer bought it from me for £1500 and had it advertised for £3k. Roll on to 2019 and nobody had sat in or driven that car since i sold it in 2017 so i appealed to the garages better nature and they MOTd it for me and gave me it back for the £1500 i was paid for it 2 years ago so now i have finally got "Hutch" back at a bargain price and is safely locked away in my garage and as before wont be used in rain or winter just a few sparing dry show miles each year. She is still exactly as i sold her and not a single piece of paper adrift so I'm very very lucky indeed. I vow now never to part company again and will just love and care for hutch from now on, a few pictures are below from 2 years ago, he hasn't ben out my garage since arriving back with me last month but looks absolutely identical to below as he hasn't ben anywhere in 2 years!!

Kindest Regards

Russell.

[
P1030860_zpspvxl8lrx.jpg
[/URL]

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RustyRuss/media/P1030860_zpspvxl8lrx.jpg.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh it looks nice, you have a spare as an alloy... Mine is just a steel.......

Ands it the 8V 2.0 engine....

Thanks Surfup really appreciate the kind words :)

Thanks Andy really appreciate it greatly. No idea how I managed that but really appreciate the help and kind words :-) Hope you are well.

Your welcome....

I hope one day when I get my finger out my motor will look as good? ..... Ill get some pics up before I make a move.....

Your welcome....

I hope one day when I get my finger out my motor will look as good? ..... Ill get some pics up before I make a move.....
Thanks mate really appreciate it and would love to see pictures of your car :-)

Hi, Here is a pic of the cesaro,.... and the interior....

And a pic of the cheve

Attachments

• IMG_20190216_104557926.jpg
    IMG_20190216_104557926.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20190216_154012846.jpg
    IMG_20190216_154012846.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20180930_173943636.jpg
    IMG_20180930_173943636.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 11
Them seats are in amazing condition! Good find mate
Thanks mate much appreciated indeed means a lot to me. If there's anything I can do to help run the club please let me know. I had a notion to start a little Cesaro Register to keep tabs on what's left but not sure if that would be allowed or frowned upon etc. Kind Regards Russell

Hi, Here is a pic of the cesaro,.... and the interior....

And a pic of the cheve
SUPERB mate both cars look amazing. LOVE the colour of your Cesaro: my mates mum back in 1997 had a Cesaro identical to yours same colour and everything even an L reg, it was that car that got me into Cesaros and from that day to this it's still my fav Mk3. K ijnd Regads Russell

Thanks mate much appreciated indeed means a lot to me. If there's anything I can do to help run the club please let me know. I had a notion to start a little Cesaro Register to keep tabs on what's left but not sure if that would be allowed or frowned upon etc. Kind Regards Russell

You can support the club by becoming a Paid Member, you'll get a welcome pack plus lots of member benefits, and the money helps cover costs of running the club.

A Cesaro register would be a great idea, however it might be an even better idea to have a general Mk3 register perhaps? Sort-able by Ceraso/GSi/Sport/Merit etc perhaps?

P.s. if you could make it to some shows with us this year that would be awesome :)

You can support the club by becoming a Paid Member, you'll get a welcome pack plus lots of member benefits, and the money helps cover costs of running the club.

A Cesaro register would be a great idea, however it might be an even better idea to have a general Mk3 register perhaps? Sort-able by Ceraso/GSi/Sport/Merit etc perhaps?

P.s. if you could make it to some shows with us this year that would be awesome :)
Brilliant I'll get signed up come payday ... middle of a house move at present to conclude end of the month which is hemoraging cash so things a bit tight this month but I shall come payday!! Brilliant idea about a Mk3 in general register I'll suggest it in the chat section. And absolutely a few shows would be great and a must do!! Kindest Regards Russell

Russel, I in Portugal at the moment and have seen a booted Cesaro today and spoke to the owner... Really nice chap and said he loves the car... I'll try and get some pictures of it later in the week..
Thanks
Tim

Russel, I in Portugal at the moment and have seen a booted Cesaro today and spoke to the owner... Really nice chap and said he loves the car... I'll try and get some pictures of it later in the week..
Thanks
Tim
Aw amazing, never seen a Cesaro Saloon, would LOVE to See a few pics, thanks mate. Hope you are having a nice trip :-) Kind Regards Russell

hi Russell here are the pictures of the car, sorry they are not the best as it was at night.. he hasn't been seen by day, I also seen another in faro today as I was driving in, it was a green hatch, looked in fab condition, I'll keep my eye out for anymore cheers Tim

Attachments

• IMG_20190319_195141153.jpg
    IMG_20190319_195141153.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20190319_195210557.jpg
    IMG_20190319_195210557.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20190319_195154388.jpg
    IMG_20190319_195154388.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20190319_195222621.jpg
    IMG_20190319_195222621.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 12
hi Russell here are the pictures of the car, sorry they are not the best as it was at night.. he hasn't been seen by day, I also seen another in faro today as I was driving in, it was a green hatch, looked in fab condition, I'll keep my eye out for anymore cheers Tim
Hi Tim, Aw I cannot actually thank you enough for taking the time to take and upload these pictures. So cool seeing a Cesaro Saloon. Such a cool looking car, makes me wonder why they never did a Cesaro Saloon or even Estate here:-) Hope your enjoying your trip. Great that you saw another too, bet the climate suits them well over there!!! Kind Regards Russell

Hi Russell,
You are more than welcome, if i see anymore and get the chance I will take more pictures... Yes the climate here is alot better, but in the summer it effects the laquer as you can see on the back of the motor... Best regards. Tim

Hi Russell,
You are more than welcome, if i see anymore and get the chance I will take more pictures... Yes the climate here is alot better, but in the summer it effects the laquer as you can see on the back of the motor... Best regards. Tim
Brilliant many thanks Tim really do appreciate and value it. Yeah that's true I guess laquer peel and paint burn, problems we do not have so often ... Well maybe through poor paint prep as opposed to the Sun .... certainly not here in Scotland Any way hehe. Kind Regards Russell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back