Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

My Astra 1.4 to V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about vaux caps? I think you'll struggle to find black ones, but you could paint them.

your cars really taking shape mate. the wheels look really good sprayed black. will look even better when they're on the car. mines to go for mot next month so progress has been more than slow.

Well fitted my wheels today all went on ok nuts was nice and easy to get off and on, pics are in the dark will get some better ones up in the light. im really happy with them just need it lowered now dunno when im gonna get around to doing that.

here is the result.

346447bc7baa1461b.jpg

346447bc7baa6a111.jpg

Got a scorpion backbox on the way its off a gsi though so dont think its gonna be easy to fit on my ls will have to see ill get it on somehow.

Looks good, will look great when you get the bumpers white

looking good there lee, i havent finished claires wheels, 2 of them are done and on, the other 2 are still on my old shell, haha, keep the pics coming.

take the caps off and sand them down and re do them, thats what i did with the tsw ones, the paint wont stick properly otherwise. you dont have to sand the hell out of them tho, just scuff them up really.

Hah yeah im like that as well i dont use 4th gear now sounds great in 3rd gear at 4000 revs :P

well started to get some paint on the wheels here it is with some high build primer managed to get just about 2 coats with one can.

346447b9c34ddd167.jpg

Also today got some black on went for the matt look not too keen on the gloss look. no lacquer on it yet gonna do that abit later.

346447b9c2d8643dc.jpg

346447b9c2d815e10.jpg

Gonna need some new center caps though the paint hasn't taken too well, i sent e-mail to fox racing they said £7.50 per cap plus £5 delivery lol so that would be £35 for 4 caps...... **** off!!! lol anyone know where i can get some plain black stick on or something half decent.

nice work lee, even though you are copying me haha! oj, at meets our cars r going to be identical, xcept number plate lol like what you have done to the roof things (dunno wat they are called lol, my minds blank 2nite) it looks ace! im colour coding my wing mirrors and handles, will look much better, u should do the same, u will be suprised ow much smarter your car will look, lovin the black alloys 2!

i av giv up with the bumpstrips, they r bein a tw4t! even by using that autoglym its takin ages! n e ideas what else i could use?

well yeah but i need to get my bumpers done :C in process of looking around see what happens. cheers the wheels took abit of time but got there in the end.

Well what i did was, i got some tar and sticky remover from halfords squirt **** loads on leave it for 5 mins then use a plastic scrapper and scrape hard, once i couldn't get any more off on one side i squirt more stuff on and work on the other side keep repeating it untill you got it off, i still need to get some off mine tbh.

it was called sticky stuff remover or something was a spray, and i used turtle tar remover which was crap, the products help a little but i think its what u scrape it off with that helps, i used a plastic scrapper clothes done jack ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back