My Astra 2.5 V6 Caravan 1995

Reaction score
Ill start getting ****ed off having to change my de-cat every year nevermind a bloody engine! :lol:

Reaction score
Luckily it's every second year :) First time after the car is new it's four years.

It's all silly bureaucracy by the under-informed politicians who allways think they know better than the experts.

Reaction score
Hi are you using the standard oil cooler thats in the block between the heads? A friend I knew spent £600 quid getting both his head gaskets done only to find out that the oil cooler was broken. if it is broken you can just bypass it and use a oil cooler from a 4 cylinder astra the type that goes down by the radiator, thats what I have on my 3.0 v6.

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a fre years late but my engine went overheating because of fans that didn't work so that's out of the question mate :-) But I'm aware of the oil cooler problem so it will never be rebuilt with the original cooler.

I have just got it back on the road this week. It has been sitting a few years as I have got myself a fiance and a couple of kids. I did however break the crankshaft on my 08 Octavia vRS so I put the Astra back on the road. It now has the c18xe and CR gearbox (dislike the gearbox). The paint isn't the best anymore as the clear cost is loosening on the roof. The Sportive interiour is in

It's fun to be driving it again :-)

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score
Good to see it still lices

Andy

Club Member
Member of Honour
Reaction score
Lives. ;)

It's kev's flabby fingers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)