Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

My First Car :)

Best answers
Reaction score
Hello guys, only joined a few days ago and i thought id see what you think of my Mk3.

its just a 1.4 spi 8v (60bhp)
cav slabs
1000w pioneer sub
fusion door speakers and 6x9s
jvc headunit

heres a few pics:

i want it to be a bit pokier though because it doesnt seem to pull that much...is there anything that can be done to these engines to add few more bhp n giv it a bit more umphh?

cheers boys

you could start with de-restricting the airbox, just open it up, take the filter out and remove any plastic bit under the filter and in the lid then put the filter back in, also could remove the resonator box under the airbox too but i think u need to remove the arch plastic thing to get to that

ye ill go n have a quick look, btw it still has the cat on n i have got a decat pipe does that make much difference??? cheers

It's your first car. I would suggest clean it, service it and drive it up until you've built up enough money and ncb to get a quicker car. Use this time to hone your driving skills and enjoy the freedom that driving gives.

nice car am i right in thinking its not a PH2 spoiler its a corsa one ???

haha yes it is a corsa spoiler lmao it was on it when i bought it and yeah atm im only on a provisional so im just getting used to the roads, i appreciate its only a 1.4 yeah and i dont kill it all the time lol i just drive normal. the plugs are fine, it runs perfect apart from say if im at 2500rpm in 2nd n 3rd n boot it, theres like a flat spot until abou 3000rpm then it kicks in so i dunno what it needs?, maybe take the cat off?

It looks low at the front and high at the back?

Looks like a nice first car though. Your best option is to not mod the 1.4, you'd be lucky to see 10 more bhp from it before you're already into the money of a valver.

yeah its lowered 10mm on front but back is completly standard so.... i wanna get like 35mm all round though it would look a lot better and clear side repeaters

nice base but as said dont start modding it till you at least pass your test, as mods + prov licence = high insurance!

There's not much that can be done to these bulletproofs unless your talking some serious cash mate.

Weight save.

There's literally no power below 2.5/3k in any gear mate, then it kinda runs short at about 4500. That's just how they are :( However it will do 65 in 3rd lol

However it will do 65 in 3rd lol

My 1.4 spi managed 70 in 3rd, screaming like a b*tch all the way of course :laugh: then i just had to give the girl a break and change up.

As said, leave the engine as it is mate, de-restrict the airbox as suggested, but anything else just isn't worth it for the money you'd have to throw at it to see hardly any gains.. If you're desperate for marginally quicker acceleration then drop some weight, but sub and rear seats would be the 1st thing to go IMO..
Get a couple years NCB under your belt and then start thinking about a transplant or more powerful car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back