Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

My GSi project

Best answers
Reaction score
Well here we go this is going to be the start of a new project for me after going as far as I can with my old mk2 GTE. Not planning on going too far bodywork wise with this GSi, just some subtle but necessary mods.

Engine wise the ecotec will be replaced with something with a bit more go, the window tints wil be removed, suspension will be looked at and I`ll probably just replace the springs as it already has bilstein shocks. The 18" wheels will be changed to 17" ones that are on the GTE at the moment. Phase one bonnet is on its way and is in paintshop now, got a box of goodies coming from vaux this week so will have some more pics shortly. :nod:

100_2527.jpg

100_2535.jpg

Copyof100_2531.jpg

i want one :)

Very nice mate!

Good lad, how come decided to change from the GTE?
Had it a long time and fed up of chasing rust on it, so moving on now :d

Always find it interesting to see the subtle differences to UK and European spec. Our Ph2 GSI had no bodykit whatsoever. Are those standard ph2 skirts ?

Always find it interesting to see the subtle differences to UK and European spec. Our Ph2 GSI had no bodykit whatsoever. Are those standard ph2 skirts ?

Irmscher skirts mate ;)

the skirts on the ph2 gsi are standard, from irmy

My goodie box from vauxhall arrived today :d

Image1-5.jpg

Inside we have a pair of phase one rear lights, a pair of gsi16v badges, a door check strap, rear headrest sleeves, the proper mk3 electric sunroof surround, oil cooler sandwich plate O ring seal and a oil level sensor O ring :nod:

Image2.jpg

Also fitted some chrome vectra door handles:

Image4.jpg

Replaced airbag steering wheel with a nice Momo race one:

Image004.jpg

Much better !

Image7.jpg

Need to find a matching Momo gearknob and handbrake handle next, to go with the new leather gaiters :nod:

Also have vectra delocked door handles in the paint shop too.

Managed to get a full set of standard windows too so the tinted set will be for sale soon.

More soon ! :cool:

any better pics of the tinted windows? how much where the rear lights?

looking good :)

any better pics of the tinted windows? how much where the rear lights?

looking good :)

Will take some at the weekend bud, the lights where £22.73 plus vat, trade.

Will take some at the weekend bud, the lights where £22.73 plus vat, trade.

thats cheap for rear lights :lol: coolio as im interested in the tints :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back