Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

my mk2 volkswagen golf rebuild

Best answers
Reaction score
right , i sold the astra cause it was sittin in my garage doin nothin so better someone else enjoy it.

i bought this on tuesday for £200

its a:

1991 volkswagen golf 1.3

been sat in a garage since 2005

mint interior

gti grill

engine a bit tappy happy :sad:

here she is on tuesday

DSC00086-1.jpg

thursday

DSC00088.jpg

saturday (today)

DSC00089.jpg

plans

slam her 80 mll
gti black archs an skirts
big bumpers
in the process of rebuildin the 1.3
debadged single headlight grill
gti interior
bbs rz's
gti rear spoiler
audi door handles
bonnet lifters
debumpstripped

for those thinkin "why is he rebuildin a 1.3 instead of just puttin in a 1.6 or 1.8?" one word "insurance" bein this is gunna be my first car thats a big one.

thats it for now but i think about doin more everyday, will update you tommorow. thanks everyone :thumb:

put the rabbit in the engine bay might go a bit quicker lol, decent carb, decent straight through exhaust and a good cam on the engine, body is ok

its quicker than yours cus its alot lighter than a 1.4 mk3, an their actually nicknamed the rabbit lol

i don't think it is lighter, and i have 100 more cc's, it wouldnt be far behind with a good carb though.

update to upload 2moz lol

looks clean dude i just brought a b reg 1994 1.6 diesel mk2 golf as a project there solid ill start a diary soon so you can have a look

i hope you gonna clean the bay mate, id have a field day cleaning it and tidy all wiring

looking forward to this one i wan one

cheers mate :thumb:

looks clean dude i just brought a b reg 1994 1.6 diesel mk2 golf as a project there solid ill start a diary soon so you can have a look

ye their built like tanks lol, bout a inch of sealent just to get wings off, ye get a diary up, wanna see it lol

i hope you gonna clean the bay mate, id have a field day cleaning it and tidy all wiring

yep, deffo cleanin it , what should i use to get it sparklin? or do i have to repaint?

little update

cleaned the bay up a bit,still a bit to do

rubbish pic but you get the idea

DSC00092.jpg

bit stalled at the moment

the guy who helped me strip it has stripped the front end an not heard anythin since an a engine isnt really a one manjob

anyways thanks :beer:

little update

got some rare gti front and rear big bumpers (front one have no fog light holes) straight swap for my old small ones, it was a steal

also painted my a few things like the subframe an that

see wat nice bits i can get 2moz cus im goin ULTIMATE DUBS :thumb:

went to ultimate dubs on sunday

got these nice bits

DSC00229.jpg

apt tunin sticker for the front window

golf gti sticker for the back

badgless single light grill

vw golf show plate for when shes finished lol

Once the engine is in i will give you a hand, it needs to go back together ASAP or things will get lost.

i cant get the new engine in untill the big door opens, i cant carry an engine an gearbox up 12 steps

we'll just have to be inventive again lol when you gettin it?

wen i get £60, ady has both rollers now

pickin the 1.6 lump an box soon

decided not to go for the full rebuild an paintin everythin cus we just get to much rain an sh*t on the roads round her so id never get to drive her :(

she will still be a very clean example though because i dont like rust where anyone can see lol

Just bung the 1.3 back in! It was just a bit tappety, a good service will help. Insure that, then in the mean time build a monster engine, by the time you have built it you will insure it. Get a cam belt and service kit, water pump and thermostat. Otherwise it will be in bits forever anyway.

Just bung the 1.3 back in! It was just a bit tappety, a good service will help. Insure that, then in the mean time build a monster engine, by the time you have built it you will insure it. Get a cam belt and service kit, water pump and thermostat. Otherwise it will be in bits forever anyway.

you say it but its not that easy, cu it was sat all the gaskts need doin, then thehead would have to be skimmed, then carb done, their only worth £50 - £75, so by the time its done it will be pointless, y dont u cum up an put the 1.3 bak in? its not that easy when you dont have a engine hoist an half decent tools

an tappets are £7 each an i need 8, i aint spenin £56 on sumit so useless

byyyyeeee golf.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back