Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Need a New Car Jack advice

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Best answers
Reaction score
ok im looking about to get a new car jack as mine is getting old and bit screwed now. I dont do to much on my own car but i will be doing more soon!

I want a low one but have bout £100 max to spend. Must be able to take pasting as TBH ill be using it to clean the car (remove the wheels to clean all in the archs etc) and general work.

so far looked at this -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RED-ALUMINIUM...Z002QQcategoryZ108783QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

and also one from demon tweeks -

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=SEA3001LE

anyone any alternatives or recommendations?

Kev

got mine for £20 from halfords does me alright

pics or gen on it?

I get discount in machinemart, my mates gotta VAT free card for in there

Wat happened to the 1 ronnie got.. fort u wer gettin that type

TBH i can get the one from machine mart myself - its cheaper, looks better made and also has the helper pedal :)

if i have a issue with it, its a 5 minute drive to take it back aswell ;)

TBH i can get the one from machine mart myself - its cheaper, looks better made and also has the helper pedal :)

if i have a issue with it, its a 5 minute drive to take it back aswell ;)

But will it fit under ur car.. i need a low profile jack and my cars not been dropped much

But will it fit under ur car.. i need a low profile jack and my cars not been dropped much

so is the one from machine mart ;) it may not be as low but lower than normal

plus my car is being raised in new year

Thats the one that I have.

thats the one i think ill get then as the other one is a little over kill and if i get axle stands aswell for cheeper its better :)

how low does it go / high does it go?

Couldnt tell you exaclty how low, but its went under every one of my cars which have all been lowered. Gets a little tight under the MK4 GSi which is down -50mm on the front but still manageable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back