Event Announcement Never Been to a VBOA Show Before?

Andy_Mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm sure plenty of you on here have never been to a VBOA show before and perhaps never given it much interest. So I thought I might try and explain what it's all about and what you should expect from the show.

Firstly, what is The VBOA? The Vauxhall Opel Bedford Association is a recognised coordinating body for clubs catering for owners and enthusiasts of Vauxhall, Bedford and Opel vehicles in the UK. The VBOA organises events for clubs and their members. The National Rally is the main event of the year for the VBOA which has been running since 1997. At a new and exciting location for the first time this year in Market Harborough.

To attend a VBOA show requires that you are a paid member of a VBOA-affiliated club. This means that clubs attending can be well regulated, meaning not just any old club can attend, and this shows when you see the quality of the cars at a VBOA show. The Vauxhall Astra MK3 Owners' Club has been a VBOA affiliate for many years and has always been a very popular event for our members.

A very different scene from the usual type of car show, many of us including me, see it as more of a little holiday than a show. With your choice of just a day visit or up to three days camping, with good company, old friends and new faces, you'll be sure to have a laugh and see a fantastic quality of cars. A very family friendly weekend, whether you have kids, dogs or even the wife is welcome!

If you're camping at the show (which I thoroughly recommend!), then you can expect a very relaxed weekend. When you arrive on site you can crack open a cold beer, have a domestic while trying to put the tent up and then chill for the rest of the weekend. Our club will be having a communal BBQ this year for the evenings, so you can pull up a chair and throw your meat on the BBQ and eat together. Later in the evening you'll find most of us will congregate in the club gazebos for a few more beers and a good laugh, or there's the option on the Saturday night to head down to the main marquee where you can find live music to enjoy.

During the day, you can walk around the various club stands and admire high quality of cars you can expect to find at the show, ranging from 1900's cars to the present day. There's also going to be various fairground rides to entertain the kids and interactive stands such as a paintball firing range and racing simulator, also a wide array of trade stands including some big name brands like Roose Motorsport, Autobrite Direct, and many many more. Not forgetting there's also the autojumble to browse through.

If camping or even lighting a BBQ isn't your thing, then there's plenty of other options for you. Close by in the local town of Market Harborough there's a wide array of B&B's, takeaways and shops to cater for your every need.

One of the best things about the show is the fact that you don't need a heavily modified 'Max Power' style car to fit in. You will find there are probably more standard looking cars than modified. So even if you have a bog standard 1.4 Merit, you are every bit as welcome as someone with a 400BHP 4x4 GSI would be both to the show and on our club stand.

If you've never been before, or been but never camped, I think you should seriously consider doing so. It's the highlight of the year for the Vauxhall scene in my opinion, and I'd imagine many others too. Another good thing is it's very cheap for a weekend away in the height of summer, and I think you will struggle to find a more fun and relaxed weekend in this country.

As mentioned previously, you are required to be a club member to attend the VBOA National Rally. Club membership brings many great benefits on top of being able to attend the show. Information on club membership can all be found here: Club Membership Information

I hope this helps answer some questions or trigger some interest to some of you that haven't been to the VBOA National Rally before.

Club members can find information on the show here:
VBOA National Rally 2017 - 8th/9th July

Any further questions or comments then post below.

Reaction score
Sounds like it’s gonna be awesome!

Thx for explaining the meaning of VBOA and the info -Awesome

So wish I could attend.

Andy

Club Member
Member of Honour
Reaction score
Yeah. It's only a short road trip through some war zones, I'd be lovely. :)

Kev_mk3

Administrator
Club Staff
Regional Co-Ordinator
Club Member
Reaction score

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)