Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

NEW eBay product. "Cyclone 31% Fuel Saver"

Astraguy09

Joint South Central Co-Ordinator
Best answers
Reaction score
Hiya,

Been trawling through eBay and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/F1-Z-Cyclone-...arParts_SM?hash=item2c536ed421#ht_4138wt_1165

20091242251348862.jpg

This isn't a thread asking if its worth the time of day as I know its ever so slightly not! As you can see it has 2 fans which are powered by the air moving past it, meaning that they're moving at the same speed as the air (ergo, doing nothing!) however they're claiming that the first fan generates a vortex (true but said vortex is destroyed by the throttle butterfly or turbo!) and the second fan accelerates the air, which is impossible considering its powered by the air itself meaning that its going the same speed! FAIL!

I read further on to find this little statement:

eBay ad said:
nternal combustion gasoline engines run on a mixture of gasoline and air. The ideal mixture is 14.7 parts of air to one part of gasoline (by weight.) One part of gas that is completely vaporized into 14.7 parts of air can produce tremendous power when ignited inside an engine. The quantity and quality of the air being mixed with fuel is of vital importance. It helps determine the longevity of an engine, more air you can get into the cylinder the more horsepower the engine will produce.

Now it says that the perfect ratio for fuel to burn in normal air is 14.7:1 by mass (which is correct, I actually worked it out down to the molecular scale when in college :lol:) however as you can from the bold text they claim the more air you get in the more power you get! Erm, well no, if you have too much air going into the cylinder compared to fuel it still wont burn properly and it will run lean?? Perhaps they should look up more on their facts!! The engine ECU is supposed to control an engine to run as close to 14.7:1 as possible!

They claim its designed by an areospace engineer, well the props may well be but the whole product is a crock as far as I can see!! The air will still continue to move at the same speed as the engine, unless the second fan is geared to spin faster, however its on the low pressure side, so it'll be doing the spinning.

So in conclusion this is another one of those magic BHP gainer & fuel savers, it fails so hard Im actually going to send the maker the link to this thread :lol:

Nice im going to order one along with the infamous ebay electric supercharger LOL

something similar to this yeah, it was a fixed vortex generator

well i email the guy a full on rant and got told to take my medcine and lay down

well i email the guy a full on rant and got told to take my medcine and lay down
Why did you bother though? Not being funny but so what if theres **** for sale on eBay, some one will buy it regardless so like the guy gives two ****s what your opinion is. Every one has to make money some how, even if it is selling stuff thats not worth it. Thankfully people have tried these out, failed and informed us one way or another.

I'd agree with him, take your pills and lay down for a while:beer:

Maybe a good idea :lol: However I hate people ripping off other with junk like that!! in my eyes it amounts to stealing!!

Why did you bother though? Not being funny but so what if theres **** for sale on eBay, some one will buy it regardless so like the guy gives two ****s what your opinion is. Every one has to make money some how, even if it is selling stuff thats not worth it. Thankfully people have tried these out, failed and informed us one way or another.

I'd agree with him, take your pills and lay down for a while:beer:

Tell it how it is Tintin...........Don't hold back mate.........lol
And before you start on me, I agree with everything you said. If I had a product that was crap but still sold, I would sell as many of them as I could.

Tell it how it is Tintin...........Don't hold back mate.........lol
And before you start on me, I agree with everything you said. If I had a product that was crap but still sold, I would sell as many of them as I could.
I always do Phil, i always do:beer:

haha i would nt have them if they were free !!!

a m8 had one even though i ripped the **** out him but he swears by it for getting rid of a flat spot at 3500 rpm

I'd get one just because it looks pretty cool! Don't hook it up to anything though ;D

I'm guessing this blasts ( if it works ) air into the airbox? If it doesn't, i see no filter of any sort so your going to have dust / screws / badgers going straight into the carb = not good.

But, looks pretty cool ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back