• Welcome to the MK3OC Classifieds section:

Please take some time to read the rules found here: Rules and Guidance.

- If you are a trader, then please Contact Us.
    - Any other queries then you can get assistance in the HelpDesk.

Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

Newby requires a few bits and advice.

Best answers
Reaction score
Hi all, My son has just bought a 1.4 gls auto it's a fairly mint 1995 model with 30k miles, but cleaning it today we have come across some things that need replacing or renewing.
1 A standard radio required as the temp gauge thingy doesn't work and my son only requires an old fashioned fm/am radio.
2 A badge for the hatchback as all we have got is a white plastic circle and no griffin
3 A rubbing strip for the drivers side "rear " door
4 A complete rubber type strap for parcel shelf with both attachments as for some reason both bolts are missing.
Also can anyone tell me what is missing from the boot as there is two big rubber straps but nothing else. I'm wondering what is supposed to be encapsulated by the straps.
Any parts or general information gratefully received Alan

1 A standard radio required as the temp gauge thingy doesn't work and my son only requires an old fashioned fm/am radio. No temp gauge might be the sensor, this is behind the front bumper passenger side, goes in the bottom of the bumper, may require replacement.
2 A badge for the hatchback as all we have got is a white plastic circle and no griffin I think you can get copies on ebay now
3 A rubbing strip for the drivers side "rear " door Is this just black? These are very hard to get off without bending so will be tough to find.
4 A complete rubber type strap for parcel shelf with both attachments as for some reason both bolts are missing.
Also can anyone tell me what is missing from the boot as there is two big rubber straps but nothing else. I'm wondering what is supposed to be encapsulated by the straps. ON the tailgate should be 2 black closed nuts which screw onto the thread, rubber strap goes hooks over the plastic nut. I'm not sure if you can get straps, might be better off getting a good parcel shelf off ebay

For the radio, search on ebay or similar for Vauxhall SC201, SC303 or CD300 for OEM units (make sure it comes with a code) if you’re looking to keep the car as original as possible. If not, you can pick up a cheap cd player from halfords or somewhere, then all you need is an ISO adapter.

If you have no luck finding a badge (having had a quick look on ebay, the genuine old stock ones on there seem really expensive, like £40-£50 :shocked:), maybe consider having a sticker. Something like this...

The parcel straps you can find on ebay.

The door strips, as Dave says will be quite difficult. Getting them used off a car runs the risk of damaging them while removing, and the old new stock can be a little hard to find (but they are out there).

TBH I think your best and cheapest bet would be to find someone breaking an Astra on ebay or gumtree whatever. Plus they might only want £30 for everything.

I believe the straps in the boot are to hold a fire extinguisher/first aid kit/warning triangle that kind of stuff. I just use mine to hold my jump leads, spare water and a can of tyreweld.

Thanks for all the help, I have located the badge, rubber strip, and radio inc code from a lad who is breaking one on ebay ordered today.I can buy the parcel shelf straps as you have said on ebay but the fastenings are missing so I will have to find somebody else who is braking one to get them I think.The straps in the boot seem strange as if they are for a fire extinguisher it must be a commercial size as they are so big and strong.But your suggestion seems a good idea.

Thanks for all the help, I have located the badge, rubber strip, and radio inc code from a lad who is breaking one on ebay ordered today.I can buy the parcel shelf straps as you have said on ebay but the fastenings are missing so I will have to find somebody else who is braking one to get them I think.The straps in the boot seem strange as if they are for a fire extinguisher it must be a commercial size as they are so big and strong.But your suggestion seems a good idea.

haha yea the straps are massive aren't they! i put a small fire extinguisher on there and a first aid kit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back