Want to remove ads? Become a MK3OC Club Member today!

NikNak's 1.6i Converible

Best answers
Reaction score
Picked up tomorrow. so I'm starting the diary now.

First the car.
Front_1.jpg
Rear.jpg

74k on the clock, with new Vauxhall roof (old one slashed).
Purchased from MIG for £1000. Nik fell in love with the pictures straight away so a trip was in order. He was having problems with the fitters getting the right parts and trying to pull a fast one by fitting the wrong ones. The end result is a pukka roof worth more then the car.

It's a step up from this..
bye.jpg

It was free from an uncle, I did want her knocking corners off a car worth anything.

More pictures and updates to follow.

Last edited:
Got the car back. Things to do first.

1. Needs a full service and cambelt change.
2. Passenger side sunvisor needs replacing – are they the same as standard ones?
3. Sort out the passenger door speakers, not working.
4. Refitted the Vauxhall CD player but the bloody thing doesn’t stay in.
5. Rocker cover gasket needs replacing.
6. A bulb replacing in the MFD – What bulbs do I need?

Other than that, it’s perfect. Did a national search on Autotrader can couldn’t find another cab this condition for the price we paid for it! I likes me bargains.

Things she wants doing.
1. Rear spoiler – any suggestions?
2. Uprate the ICE.
3. Lower it. Looking like it’s being entered in the Paris to Dakar rally.
4. Front fogs – straight swap with a standard Astra? Should plug straight in?
5. Different clocks – Lockwood, LED’s, plasma?
6. Bigger tail pipe.

A couple of questions they’re for you to chew on.

Can’t do fook all at the moment as its peeing down!:thumbdown

6. A bulb replacing in the MFD – What bulbs do I need?

You prob could get away using any, but it would be tricky. Go to a scrappy and find a vauxhall astra, pull its MFD out and your see some bulbs

the fog lights would require a bit of cutting, as you have a bumper that doesn't have fogs as standard. get an astra sport bumper, as this will have fogs fitted. i'm unsure if you'll have a wiring loom for the fogs behind the bumper or not.

2. sunvisor.

Other visors fit (I got a set from a vectra), but the clip that holds the visor in place is different & does not sit flush with the plastic trim.

convertible said:
2. sunvisor.

Other visors fit (I got a set from a vectra), but the clip that holds the visor in place is different & does not sit flush with the plastic trim.

Found loads of cream ones but no black ones.

Yeah, I had the same problem - no black sun visors - fortunately I've got white leather so it didn't look too bad (changed them both obviously).

I've now got grey ones :thumbdown with 8 inch screens in them :thumbup:

Have had a Sportex Backbox and Lowering Springs on online-autosport this week (www.tuning.co.uk) - cost £149 including delivery, and it's all awesome!

-40mm Springs make a huge difference - still have the fronts to fit, but the back is properly on it's **** now!
Also have a Sportex 4x3" Oval Backbox - need to adjust it a bit by cutting away some of the centre pipe so that it sit's further back - but it looks great and the added 'bwarrrrp' factor is stunning!

Highly Recommended :D

Other than spitting bullets about not taking her car to PVS (she could have gotten it on a stand!), we're been looking into importing a 200is rear bumper. I've spoken to a guy who's looking into it for me. I put his link up on the site for the peeps to look at, he was well pleased with the feed back he was getting so offered to help!

LINK

Update
Her ladyship got a early Christmas present of a Sony amp. Spoilt prat!

Just a quick fit for now, had already ran the cables awhile ago and I screwed the amp to the back of the bass box for ease.
had problems with the Vauxhall CD, the electric ariel would lower when you connected the remote lead for the amp. :wacko: , so I swopped the Vaux CD for a Goodmans one I had in the shed.
As both stereos did'nt have RCA leads I had to purchase a converter from Halfrauds, wired it to the rear speakers.

Sounds much better than the original setup but with all the plastics in the boot, vibration is a *****! Plus the Goodmans does'nt allow you to taylor the sound very much like my Pioneer so a new CD + Dynamat after Christmas is going to be a must.
Have plans to do a proper fitting when the weather warms up. She want purple everywhere.:huh:

She want rid now we live a mile from work. Bang goes my project. :hurt:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back